Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen went blank

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got this yesterday and the screen is already black and won’t turn on. Very very disappointed, looks like it’s a common issue. I’d rethink getting this, a shame it’s so common for the anticipation of this... 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
576 REPLIES 576

I just set off for a walk and noticed my tracker was blank. I flicked my wrist, tapped the screen and nothing! I thought eh? Its over 80% charged, was working fine about an hour before whats going on?

Like everyone here, read up on what I can do to try and sort it, and thought well i’ll have to wait now to reset as I was  afk.

However, decided to mess about with the app and noticed it was still tracking etc and thought, if its still responding, maybe I can tweak the settings. First thing I did was change the clock face. (I had the Steps Date clock set) and changed it to the Analogue one. Instantly it updated and the tracker is working fine now. No reset needed, so for those with a blank screen, you may only need to do something as simple as this? 

Hope this helps?

Cheers, Ash. 😉

Best Answer

This is my second Charge 3. The first one was replaced because there was a white line going across the screen. Customer service is great, however I would prefer to get one that works properly and stay that way. I don't have my charger cable with me, but I will try a restart, both 8 second and 15 second, when I get home. So frustrating to deal with 2 different problems on 2 different Charge 3s.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Smiley Very Happy yay thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for me! Thank you! Thank you! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Ashbo82@paigedee@MM32 welcome to the Forums and @Violyn it's great to see you around.

@Ashbo82, I appreciate the feedback, I know that our friends experiencing this issue will find it helpful.

@paigedee and @MM32, it's great to hear that the instructions provided worked and that your trackers are now working properly. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

@Violyn, I would like to know if the tips provided in this thread helped? Were you able to turn on your tracker?

Hope to hear from you soon. Smiley Very Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was able to get it working again. I hope it stays that way. I find myself expecting something else to go wrong as it seems that the Charge 3 is unstable.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to my screen today, I followed these steps and it's worked. thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @Violyn and to see new faces @KarenG62, welcome!

I am glad to hear that the instructions provided worked and that your trackers are now working properly. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Happy stepping! Smiley Very Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Once I reset mine it has been fine for months.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I have had mine since December 2018 and the screen went out as of January 2019 but I knew it was still working because I could still feel the vibration on the watch and everything was still working on my Iphone, so I  followed these directions and it came on without a problem, thank you so much for the information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the information @Havnaball and welcome to the Forums @Gavincharles14.

It's great to know that the instructions provided worked and that your trackers are working properly now. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to let us know.

Let's keep the stepping up! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it worked for me. Thank you for the suggestion.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked.  Thanks.  I just hope that Fitbit finds a permanent fix for this soon.  I never had a problem with my Charge 2. I got this new one at Christmas and don't feel I should  have to continue to be worried with fixable issues such as this.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome news @Kelli09 and @Carenin! I'm glad to hear that you both are back on track. Woman Wink

Thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Rest assured that our engineers and product development team use this information to further improve our products and services.

Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

If there any questions present, please let me know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had a blank screen this morning. This worked. I've had this watch for a little over a month... Hopefully, not an ongoing issue. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @BCMom.

It's great to hear that the instructions provided worked and that your tracker is now working properly. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

And regarding your inquiry, we are not sure what might have caused this, but we would expect this to be a one glitch and I would ask you to keep an eye on your watch, and in the case this happens again, please let me know and I will be glad to further investigate.

Happy stepping! Man Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got my fitbit charge 3 last week and it’s been working great until this morning when I noticed the screen went black. Tried restarting it several times but it hasn’t worked-the screen stays black.

Best Answer
0 Votes
did you try going into the app and changing the clock face? Some have said that works!Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S®6 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

I do have to say when the screen went blank while I was runing I was very disappointed. I continue with my run and afterwards look up Fitbit 3 screen went blank and took me here. I followed the instructions and the screen is back up. Thanks I understand there some issues but it's not it can be fix I am back up and running again 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello guys, I hope you are doing fine.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this display issue, @gypsyjeeper thanks for the input.

@SunsetRunner, as recommended by our friend, please try changing your clock face by following the instructions provide in the help article How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?.

@Live4today, it's great to hear that the instructions provided in this thread helped you and that your tracker is now working properly. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Keep the stepping up! Man Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes