Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen went blank

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got this yesterday and the screen is already black and won’t turn on. Very very disappointed, looks like it’s a common issue. I’d rethink getting this, a shame it’s so common for the anticipation of this... 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
576 REPLIES 576
Yes it worked for a little while but still an ongoing problem. I have found
recharging the watch on the laptop for the night fixes this. Please can we
have a patch for this problem.
Best Answer

Music to my ears @FitGeorgeII@KarenMaree, and @JeanenneM! I'm glad to hear that the steps provided worked for you.

Welcome on board @Sarapamela! Have you tried changing the clock face? 

In regards to the restart procedure, I totally understand what you mean. However, you can still push the button to perform the restart. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 

Hope this helps, keep us posted! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me this evening and I followed the steps given below and my screen came back on and it’s working as normal again. Thanks for this!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

it works it works for me also as far as turning the screen on but has anybody notice when you turn your wrist the screen does not show you the time I'm have to tap it every single time. if anybody can let me know whether or not they're having the same issue with the wrist turn I'm curious.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. I either have to touch the band on the screen and the display appears. Rarely does my screen come on when turning my wrist, only while I’m asleep and the light awakens me. I’m not too fussed about it but it is annoying to have to touch my screen while I’m driving just to see the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine didn't start doing that until the whole blackout issue started. With
as many threads talking about this black out screen issue I hope they're
working on an update.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Plugged in PC and held button down for 8 seconds. Felt it vibrate and still blank screen??

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'd try it again and then trying going into the app on your phone and change the clock face. Many have said that worked in restarting the Fitbit.Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S®6 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
It didn’t work for me the first two times, but it is important that the connectors are locked in...then pinch the side for 8-10 seconds then the smiley face should appear. I had mine plugged into the wall.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys, I hope you are doing fine.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this display issue by yourselves. @gypsyjeeper, thanks for the input.

@FitGeorgeII, it's great to hear that the instructions provided worked and that your tracker is working properly now.

@Linmichelm and @Outsider4life71, if your trackers won't turn on, I recommend restarting the trackers. If the restart process doesn't work, perform a long restart:

• Plug the device into the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • Remove your finger from button. Note: Device won't have a smiley face icon and should be off with a black screen.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable.
  • Plug the device into the charging cable again.
  • The smiley face icon appears on the screen.

If these steps don't work, change your clock faces by following the instructions provide in the help article How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?.

Keep me posted. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I followed your instructions and it worked fine but this is the 4th time my Fitbit charge 3 has just gone to a black screen.

It is frustrating because when a message comes through, the screen stays black and I can't turn it on. I have to wait until the end of the day because my charger is not with me during the working hours.

I hope you can fix this issue soon.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Ok tried the long reset and still no luck. So i decided to try the clock face change and opened the app and synced it. Wallah..it worked!! 

Thanks for the tips and the follow up.

Billy M. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much your tip for my Fitbit Charge 3.   My screen went black and would not display any information until I followed the steps of plugging it into the charger, ensuring the charger was aligned, and holding the side clip for 8 seconds then the display returned.

Thanks again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board guys @Imano@Outsider4life71, and @DraS! I'm so glad to hear that either the restart or clock face suggestion has worked for you. Smiley Very Happy 

We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

Let us know if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine froze today.. the haptic vibration still responded and it still synced but nothing on the screen.  Without the cable with me I couldn't restart, so I simply tried changing the clock face.  Presto it worked again.  I changed the clock back to my preferred one and it still worked.  So that was without restarting the device.

This seems to be a common issue with the Charge 3, they should really fix this.  Also consider a way to reboot the device without the cable.  My last trip I didn't take the cable with me since it was a 5 day trip and the battery lasts 8 days for me.  If it stopped working and I couldn't reboot it on the trip I would have been very annoyed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen went blank today as well. Was not aware this is a common problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Blank screen problem-Smile obtained doing recommended reset but still get no function.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.  It worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just tried it and it worked. Thank you!

Best Answer

Hi guys, I hope you are doing fine!

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this display issue by yourselves.

@digitaljustin@Pebmarsh and @SavannahFamily, If your trackers won't turn on, I recommend restarting the trackers. If the restart process doesn't work, perform a long restart:

• Plug the device into the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • Remove your finger from button. Note: Device won't have a smiley face icon and should be off with a black screen.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable.
  • Plug the device into the charging cable again.
  • The smiley face icon appears on the screen.

If these steps don't work, change your clock faces by following the instructions provide in the help article How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?.

@TyH and @DynaMoe, it's great to hear that the instructions provided worked and that your units are now working properly. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

See you later. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes