Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen went blank

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got this yesterday and the screen is already black and won’t turn on. Very very disappointed, looks like it’s a common issue. I’d rethink getting this, a shame it’s so common for the anticipation of this... 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
576 REPLIES 576

I received my watch as a Christmas gift. This has happened to me at least 5 times. I know the reset solves the issue temporary, but why is there no fix for the problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been using my Fitbit since January 13th. Today the screen went black. It is approximately 50% charged if not more. I held the button for 8 seconds it did not reboot. What do I do now? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you,that worked. It there a reason this happens? Hope you can come up with a patch or something. I was going to recommend to my niece because she asked Fitbit vs Apple Watch. Not so sure now. Again,thanks foe the resolution as inconvenient as it is.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you have it plugged in and charging when you tried to reboot? Also try changing the clock face fruition the Fitbit App.Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S®6 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I just bought charge 3 today and screen is blank. I have tried to restart 7 times .... smiley face is coming up and blank again.

what should I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I plugged in the charger and set up the Fitbit to charge. Pressed the side button until the smiley face came up and it worked. If yours does not then I would contact the company.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

So my charge display does not work it does not even give me the battery icon when it's plugged in. But it still syncs.... Can anyone help me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you try what has been suggested by numerous people?  I personally would try changing the clock face via the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No I can’t as before I disconnected fitbit from my app and now 4 digit code doesn’t appear on the screen😕

Joanna
Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh no! There was a reply on here that talked about a long reset. Where you hook your Fitbit up to charge and then hold down the button for 15 seconds. I forget what they said to do after that so go through the posts and see if you can find itSent via the Samsung Galaxy S®6 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried all of that . I got reply from support to do that so my charge 3 is coming back to the shop. But my question is should I exchange for charge 3 or Versa?

Joanna
Best Answer
0 Votes

This has worked the dozen or so times my screen has gone black in the past; but is not working this time.  What’s next?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The charge 3 needs an update..it worked for me but the wrist action that wakes the screen is gone. Since this happened

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit went blank or dark . Had it on the charger when I went to put it on it was dark or blank want to know how to open my Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked Thanks for passing this info on

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will Fitbit be coming out with an update soon to fix this issue? Since it appears to be a large issue across all Charge 3 users. 

This is my first Fitbit, and I've loved it until this happened. If it doesn't get fixed, this may be my last Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @bakinggoddess2@KrishK@Patricia_Jo@gypsyjeeper@Joanna87, and @FitGeorgeII! Sorry to hear the screen on your Charge 3 trackers went blank. Thanks for already troubleshooting this, nice way to go! 

I'd recommend performing a long restart by following the steps below:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again

Also, for the ones who haven't tried changing the clock face yet. Please try using a different one and let see if this brings back the display. 

I'm glad to hear you guys are back on track @Pebmarsh@digitaljustin, and @Farmer17

Keep me posted! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
I already return it. I am going to buy Versa instead

Joanna
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've own mind over four months I don't know if I can but if I could I would.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for me, thanks!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes