Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen went blank

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Charge 3 a little over a month. Last night my screen went blank. It was at 100% battery. It is still syncing with the app so I can see that it is still tracking my steps and sleep, etc. When I tried to restart it by placing it on the charger and holding down the side button for 8 secs. When I hold the button down it does a very quick pulse vibe about 4 times and then nothing. I've tried holding it longer than 8 secs also and still nothing. Very frustrated to be having this issue with a brand new product. Contemplating returning the one I bought my husband for Christmas and returning mine as well if not resolved immediately.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
620 REPLIES 620
Call customer service as you are still under warranty. I only waited a
week of non-function. I was too frustrated to allow anymore time to go by
for a product that I paid for. They were extremely helpful and the
replacement was sent right away.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine doesn’t want to reboot either. What can I do now?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same situation. Fitbit battery is full.screen is blank. It is still syncing with the app on my phone. It is still tracking sleep, steps, etc. I have tried the power cord 8 second button hold reset as well as the other suggestion of the 15 second (remove from cord, replace cord, etc.). I have also tried the solution from another thread suggesting changing the clock  face through the app on my phone. Still no luck.  I am upset. It is not even a year old!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried dozens of times now. In the past, diring the spring and summer, that solution worked for  me, so I know I was doing it correctly,  but it is no longer doing anything. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted customer support.  Lovely lady at fit bit  tried various things to get it working again, the tracker works, it vibrates etc   just a black screen.   Even tried deleting it from the app and a start from scratch connect, but because the screen is black I cant see the four digit code.  They are sending me a replacement.

Best Answer

How did you contact them ? Is there a free phone number ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed all steps described by others. Yesterday got screen back 3 hrs then went again.  Today tried again and left watch on charge, was still vibrating and syncing. Now it is as dead as a dodo  and  when trying to sync says no device found.  Use for health but also to monitor rapid irregular heart beat attacks I get sometimes at rest, useful to know how fast my heart is racing.  Feel very vulnerable now without it working at all

Best Answer
0 Votes

https://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

I searched for help and did the online chat.  They are sending me a replacement unit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
https://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Try their online chat. They’re sending me a replacement unit
Best Answer

Joanne, can you give me their phone number, my device has totally died now

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes   0800 0698585

Best Answer
0 Votes

0800 0698585

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anna do you mean here the @Fitbit support which takes you to twitter ? Tried that earlier but there was no response

Best Answer
0 Votes

Gilly   ring them  I think they open again in the morning, 8am?   

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks Joanne currently on hold - been 6 mins but am hanging on

Best Answer
0 Votes

👍  I'm sure they will sort you out!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen went blank yesterday everything else is fine tried charger and holding down side button but with no screen have no idea whats happening !

What next ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

their CS is wonderful.I am having mine replaced,I suggest you get in touch with them and explain the problem  and it will be resolved

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems a common fault these last couple of days. That's a lot of replacement devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes