Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen went blank

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Charge 3 a little over a month. Last night my screen went blank. It was at 100% battery. It is still syncing with the app so I can see that it is still tracking my steps and sleep, etc. When I tried to restart it by placing it on the charger and holding down the side button for 8 secs. When I hold the button down it does a very quick pulse vibe about 4 times and then nothing. I've tried holding it longer than 8 secs also and still nothing. Very frustrated to be having this issue with a brand new product. Contemplating returning the one I bought my husband for Christmas and returning mine as well if not resolved immediately.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
620 REPLIES 620

Scottg23: Thanks for taking the time to reply!  Glad it worked and hopefully you won't be in the group that has to do it repeatedly.

will

Best Answer
0 Votes

The reboot does work for me but I'm now having to do it multiple times a day.  This is very frustrating.  I'm checking to see if it's under warranty still so I can get a replacement.  I've had mine for 5 months.  Extremely disappointed in this product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The reboot works for me but I now have to do it multiple times a day.  This is very frustrating.  I'm checking to see if it's still under warranty so I can get a replacement.  Extremely disappointed in this product.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just got your email, no I don't have anymore suggestions and I'm sorry your upset that I
didn't respond sooner, there was a reason for that. good luck with your problems!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, so I bought a Charge 3 a few months ago to replace the Charge 2 after having battery issues following the firmware upgrade.  Well, stupid me, trusting fitbit products.  Now I have this blank screen issue that pops up intermittently.  I don't carry my charging cable around in my pocket to do the magic 'reset' sequence and have to wait several days to reset it.  What the heck is wrong with the screen?  What is the REAL issue here, why should I have to reset the device at all??

Best Answer

Why is the screen going blank in the first place?  Why are users having to reset the device at all???

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have no ideal, when I got my screen back i sync it everyday, try to hold the button when it is charging good luck

Moderator Edit: All-caps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the exact same issue but the recommended solution does not work. Device syncs with the app but the screen is gone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m sorry, I held the the button down while it was charging, good luck

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The same problem, very disappointed. I will not recommend this brand.

Best Answer
Try pushing the button as it is charging and refresh it everyday, good luck

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This did the trick

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, this did not work, nothing works. Only had this fitbit for 9 months, what a waste of money

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anec26: If only 9 months, you can get it replaced under the 1-year warrantee.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, unfortunately I got in on Schpock, so I don't have a warranty. It was however brand new and sealed, that's why I was confident on getting it, and now this... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried this several times with no success (no smiley face, nothing), so I read to try and change clock face on app to see if that generates any smile or response. When I hold button down, I get varying # of little buzzes so I think it is not dead, but pretty frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact customer service and you can get a new one. That's what I did and
all is going well again. Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thx v much!!
Best Answer

Don't have warranty unfortunately 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your solution of putting it in the charger and holding the button for 15 seconds. By 8 seconds I was seeing a little lighted line across the screen. By 15 seconds, I had the smiley face. I took it out of the charger, put it back in, and all was normal!

Best Answer
0 Votes