Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen went blank

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Charge 3 a little over a month. Last night my screen went blank. It was at 100% battery. It is still syncing with the app so I can see that it is still tracking my steps and sleep, etc. When I tried to restart it by placing it on the charger and holding down the side button for 8 secs. When I hold the button down it does a very quick pulse vibe about 4 times and then nothing. I've tried holding it longer than 8 secs also and still nothing. Very frustrated to be having this issue with a brand new product. Contemplating returning the one I bought my husband for Christmas and returning mine as well if not resolved immediately.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
620 REPLIES 620

i have tried the procedure about 20 times now.

holding for 15sec -30-45-60

still blank screen and light stays on steady in the back.

when button is pushed it normally vibrates 2 times.. sometimes 3 times.. how many times should it.. maybe this means it's not seeing my finger??

everything seems to sync, not sure about pulse though, sleep says it couldnt find it.\

besides hitting it with a hammer is there anything else i can try..

trying plugging into computer which does nothing.

Best Answer

Ksmithphotos:  Yep, the hammer would get high marks for therapy, but not so great for the warrantee! 🙂  These are the exact symptoms I had and while I'm not able to get it to work the first time usually, I do get it to work eventually.  One thing that has helped is letting the device charge until it's been at 100% for several hours.  I have some circumstantial evidence it is something to do with the battery monitoring circuit getting confused and the device is going into a panic safe mode thinking the battery is dead when it isn't.  Do try different times in/out of the charger before each press too.  I suspect that is at least where I'm not understanding the needed timing and not getting results the first time.

Also, changing the clock seems to make the problem less frequent, but for me hasn't been a 100% solution.  I've had one failure in the two months since, compared to having an issue every month or so before.

Good luck, and try to avoid the hammer! 🙂

will

Best Answer

I am have my same issue as others. Charge 3 seems to be syncing, although it says 90% charge which does not make sense since it was at less than 50% and has not been in cradle long. 

screen is black. I have tried the soft reset and the hard reset about 12 times each. On the hard after holding for about 15 seconds the Fitbit pulses 4 times then does a large vibration, but screen never turns back on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried this a number of times over the past 3 days with no success. The screen remains black. Activity, sleep, HR are all still tracking though my steps from one day copied to the next and continued to count for that 24 hour period. I am finding this very frustrating. I have searched for an alternate method to reset the fitbit and not found another solution. are you able to advise?

Best Answer
0 Votes

bmdrake:

I think with my charge3 it is a battery issue too, i see very strange reading during and right after fixing the issue with the resets.  If none of the suggestions listed here work, I hope the fitbit is still under warantee.  That may be your best bet.  I've never succeeded in getting it reset the first time, it always takes some fiddling, but I've managed to get it to work eventually.  I'm past my warantee, so just keeping it going until I decide to get a new one (likely fitbit still, but not sure).  The worst time I had getting it working involved letting it charge overnight, but that was only once.  Also, if you haven't done the clock app swap, do give it a try.

will

Best Answer

DDColwell:

As with bmdrake, last ditch efforts are the overnight charge and clock app swap if you haven't done it already.  The CSRs will ask you do to that anyway, they did for me.  If that fails, hopefully its in warantee, many folk have successfully returned theirs.  No luck for me as I was a bit slow.

will

Best Answer

what is the clock app swap.. haven't heard of that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

KSmithPhotos:  If you call in with this issue, most folk (me included) get asked by the CSR to change the clock face.  If you go to settings for your Charge3, you can change what display it will show It shows more than the clock clearly, but that is what they call it.  The reason given is there must be some problem where the clock app crashes, but leaves the rest of the Fitbit running (I guess like an app crashing, but the OS still stable).  It didn't help me, but is part of the standard trouble shooting process if you call in.

will

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. I have tried changing the clock face each day and not been successful. I have also tried charging overnight. I don't believe that I've warrantee left but will check. I have to say, I am disappointed in the charge3. I have needed to reset it several times to correct text notifications coming through and now this blank screen issue. as this is my 3rd fitbit device I will be switching to an alternate brand. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So the smiley face came up on mine, but screen still isn’t working after the smile disappears. Any other tips?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm done w fitbit, but thx
Best Answer

I am on the same boat now. It also started giving crazy calories burtnt. Like I burnt 1000 just sleeping ! I wish it was true 😛

Best Answer

Hi

I have been trying this sequence suggested but my screen is still displaying nothing. I am able to sync still but this is very frustrating as I am wearing a watch that can't display the time

Best Answer

Hold the button down while Fitbit is charging, good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes
This worked for me, a thought if you have iphone ask Siri, went out of time zone and it wouldn’t change the correct time I ask Siri and it worked , good luck

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem as reported.

Followed the instructions & now the screen is working.

Hope that it never happens again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fossil Hybrid Q grant  looks like a watch and does stuff. just not pulse. but gave up on fitbit. even bought second fossil on ebay for 30 put new battery in an works great. Thanks for all the tips.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had similar issues with my Charge 3 which is 6 months old. Screen went blank so have done the charging cable thing plus resets etc After coming back on it had a corrupted screen down one side so went through all the above fixes again. Still no joy! Am on IOS 13.3

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you all for your replies and help. After almost 2 weeks of issues and inability to bring forth a reset I have decided to no longer use the fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes