Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 showing 001 error

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Charge 3 is not responding. Just blinking Fitbit logo on the screen. Cant reboot or do anything - it vibrates when I try to reboot.

FitBit 1.jpgFitBit 2.jpg

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
45 REPLIES 45

hi!

I have tried with the short reset and the long reset. However the device is still not working and Error 001 appears again.

What should I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here! Tried absolutely everything. After 45 minutes with customer service they determined that it was a faulty device..I had it around a month then the update happened. It never worked correctly after that. 😕 They offered a replacement or 50% off of another device. I chose another device. Why would I want another Charge 3 when so many people are having problems? I'm hoping that the Charge 4 is better and will last longer. My Charge 2 is still running and my son loves it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Alejandra,

None of these fixes are working for me.  The best I get is the smiley face on screen with the device constantly vibrating while attached to the charging cable. Prior to showing the 001 error code, the device was intermittently vibrating and the screen was non-responsive to touch gestures.   The battery was also draining super fast, (was fully charged yesterday and usually only needs 1 charge a week).    What next?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. @agFox, welcome to the community forums! Thank you for the information and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried prior to posting! 

Since you have tried the suggested troubleshooting steps in this thread, my best recommendation is that you get in touch with our Support Team for further assistance. Click here to get connected. Make sure to explain the issue and the troubleshooting steps you've tried, this way our Support Team can help you from there. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did not work for me...  :- (

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @timothyo53. Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm sorry for the experience and thank you for following the suggested troubleshooting steps. I've noticed that you have received assistance in another thread, and I suggest you to reply there if you have additional questions or inquiries. 

See you around. 

Best Answer

This is the same problem I'm having today 6/21/21. Did you ever get fixed? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I am sorry to say that I haven't got my Fitbit to work...

After every attempt to get rid of the 001 error code I let the Fitbit drain itself overnight.  The next day I plugged it into the computer to charge ... and it charged.  But it did not show the percent charged while it charged ... and it did not ever give the smiley face.  After charging the Fitbit did show the clock face!  But it would not sync with anything!  and still no lights on the back/no heartrate!  and after a while, I got the Fitbit logo again with a different code ... 100 error code!

So after that, I just set the watch aside for a couple of days thinking that I would make sure that it was really good and drained.  When I plugged it back in it started to charge again ... for some reason, I unclipped it from the charger and clipped it back in and I got the smiley face ... so I unplugged and replugged the cable into the computer and, wow,  I am getting the percent charged!  

But still not syncing.  So I clicked on "Set up a Device" and went through the "Replace your Fitbit Charge 3" process... Afterward the Fitbit is counting my steps and syncing but the sensors are not lit and I still get no heart rate (which was my original complaint).

I plugged the device into the computer again ... no percentage charged screen again.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts/format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jrk2jvo. Welcome to the community forums. @timothyo53 Thank you very much for your reply. 

@Jrk2jvo I was able to see that you have reached out to our Support Team and they have provided information and assistance. If you still have questions or inquiries about the outcome of your case, I recommend replying back to them and they will be glad to continue assisting you. 

@timothyo53 I understand how you are feeling and appreciate the feedback provided. Also, thank you for trying additional troubleshooting steps and for providing detailed information about the inconveniences. 

At this time, since the inconveniences have persisted, I recommend reaching out to our Support Team for further assistance. Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times are longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat. Click here to get connected. 

Please note that in order to expedite the process, make sure to explain the inconveniences and mention the troubleshooting steps you've followed, this way they can assist you from there. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is not working. Been trying since last night.
I put the watch in the charger.

Black screen is there.

But the button is still vibrating for good 5-6 seconds more.

Then no vibration after 15 seconds.
I take it outta charger.
Then put it back again in the charger.

There’s no smiley icon.

Only black screen.

N when I’m pressing the button. It’s vibrating. 

Best Answer

@waheedullah69 Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for the troubleshooting tried prior posting. If you already tried a restart and a long restart as described here and the issue persisted, my best recommendation is contact our Support Team so they can look deeper into the issue and help you with this matter. You can contact them through chat or over the phone. Click here to get connected. Make sure to mention the steps you've followed, so they can help you from there. 

See you around. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Any other suggestions? My screen just stays on black after short and long restart.  FYI the device stops buzzing about 10 seconds into the 15 second count.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Pbor. Thanks for letting us know that you have tried the long and short restart and that your Charge 3 screen stays on black.

I understand how frustrating this could be and the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This didn’t. Work on mine! What else can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Cattybling. Thank you for following the advised troubleshooting steps and for letting us know that they didn't work. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i am also having same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @kart1011. Thank you for letting us know that you also get the 001 error on your Charge 3

If you already have tried restarting your tracker the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Charger 3 will not restart.  I have tried your method and it just comes back to the error 001 screen.  Help please!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Tazma. Thanks for letting us know that restarting your Charge 3 didn´t remove the error 001 on screen.

Could you please confirm that you have tried restarting your Charge 3 and the long restart advised on the Best Answer?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I have
Best Answer
0 Votes