Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 showing “Active Call"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Charge 3. Up until about two weeks ago call notifications consisted of the Fitbit vibrating and showing who was calling. Now all of a sudden when I answer the call my Fitbit vibrates again a second time and says “Active Call.” For some reason this really annoys me, I don’t need to be notified of an active call, I know I’m on the phone obviously.

There is not an option to stop this, just turn off call notifications all together. I don’t want to do this as I still want to be noticed of an incoming call and who’s calling. Is this happening to anyone else? And does anyone know how to turn off JUST the “Active Call” notification without turning off all “Call” notifications?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's great to see new faces, @KTMcG24, welcome.

As mentioned previously, our team is aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible, sorry for any inconvenience it's caused and appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Let me know if you need anything else. 🙂

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

It's great to see you here, @JamieAlissa.

I understand how are you feeling. Can you please provide me with a photo of the message you are seeing on your Charge 3? Are you receiving this while you are in a call? Have you tried to deactivate and active the calls?.

I hope to hear from you soon. 🙂

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

E45269DE-828F-44D8-B22E-933E8D8EAB21.jpeg

 Yes I receive this message while in the call almost immediately after I answer the call on the my cell phone, my Fitbit vibrates and gives me the message and if I touch “clear” during the call it will hang up my call. And yes I have tried deactivating and activating calls. It just turns off all call notifications. 

Best Answer

Agree!  Turn OFF all active call notifications!

Best Answer

@Doc200601 thank you, but I don’t want to turn off all call notifications. I just want it to go back to the way it was when it just alerted an incoming call and who was calling. That’s part of the reason why I got this Fitbit because I can’t answer my phone at work and like to see when I’m getting a call Incase it’s a call about my kids. I just don’t want the new active call notifications that just started happening. 

Best Answer

Yup!

“For as many as are led by the Spirit of God are sons (royal children) of God.” Romans‬ ‭8:14‬
Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update, @JamieAlissa and @Doc200601, it's great to see you here.

I appreciate the attachment and the information about this issue. We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible, sorry for any inconvenience it's caused and appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let me know if there's anything I may do to assist you in the meantime. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can active call vibration and alert go away?

Best Answer

It's great to see new faces, @KTMcG24, welcome.

As mentioned previously, our team is aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible, sorry for any inconvenience it's caused and appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Let me know if you need anything else. 🙂

Best Answer

Yes please work on this. The bigger problem is that if you press cancel or accidentally put your wrist on your leg it terminates the phone call. 

Best Answer

This issue is about to cause me to give up on the Fitbit. Another issue I have with it is that I'm getting notifications at midnight for an event that's happening at 6:00 pm and the alert is not supposed to happen until 1 hour before the event. This thing is really annoying right now.

Best Answer

Same. And now mine will repeat the same alert at random times during the day. Really annoying.

The same thing just started happening to me today. I am on with support now. I am hoping for an answer...if I get one I will update.

No solid answer from support (though my support tech really tried to work it out - thank you!). They know it is happening and are working on a solution - no time estimate. So my issue is actually when I am wearing my Air Pods and make a call, Fitbit will suddenly throw up that "Active Call" thing and I suddenly can't hear my call. No idea why it gives me the active call notice when I am the one making the call (issue 1). What they say my issue (issue 2) is, is when I am using a bluetooth headset paired with my phone (mine happen to be AirPods), the Fitbit is actually disconnecting the bluetooth from the other device when I make a call. My only option for now was to turn off call notifications on my FitBit. Not super helpful but it at least made the issue stop for now. 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

It's more than 3 months later.

This is a nonsense annoyance – when I'm talking on an active call, I don't need my watch buzzing me with "Active Call" interruptions. (And I certainly don't need my watch to hang up the phone if I reflexively 'clear' the nonsense notification.)

Did everyone who worked on the Fitbit 3 firmware leave the company? Is it an orphaned product? 

Best Answer

Hello, we are still waiting for a resolution regarding that active call notification.  It shows up when the call connects and is unnecessary because I certainly know I am

on the phone.  Then if you try to clear the notification, it hangs up. 

can we have a resolution now, it has been several months. 
we appreciate your help 

Best Answer

How do I turn off call notifications?

How?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
I turned off all notifications. The whole thing was really getting on my nerves really bad. I guess it will get fixed after awhile and they will let us know. I can't fret it anymore.
Best Answer

Fair enough! I followed suit since I have inadvertently disconnected several calls. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! This is happening to my Charge 3 as well. 

-Active call: I don’t want a buzz when I am on a call and repeatedly throughout my call. Also, hitting cancel on the charge 3 screen HANGS UP the call. 

-Alarm notifications / reminders: they seem to go off constantly- repeatedly reminding me of earlier reminders. 

These alerts are always on my charge 3 screen; so much so that I can rarely see the clock when I turn my wrist!

I know this is a known issue. However, I want to know if this is affecting the new charge 4?

I have followed previous recommendations; including factory resets and notification adjustments. 

Best Answer

Guys this is happening since LAST YEAR. Is there any updates? I recently bought a Fitbit Charge 4 and I am about to throw it through the window as every time I receive or make a call my wrist vibrates every 10 mins.... really annoying !

Best Answer

I  getting MORE notifications now from my “remind” app than ever before. Phone in the kitchen, walk to the bathroom, return to the kitchen ... buzz buzz - allllll my past notifications that I haven’t cleared alert on my Charge 3. Four minutes later, go outside, return to kitchen ... buzz buzz - allllll my past notifications that I haven’t cleared alert on my Charge 3.

active call is as annoying (and dangerous) as ever. 

@Fitbit WHATS THE DEAL?!

Best Answer