Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 showing "connected GPS" message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In the last few days my Charge 3 has the 'Connected GPS is running' message flashing constantly in my notifications and this causing battery drain .

How fo I fix this? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The way I fixed it was to start a run activity via the Charge 3 itself, let it run for like 20 seconds then end it. 

Worked for my wife on her Charge 3 too. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Welcome on board @MarkySharky, it's nice to see a new member around! Turn on the Always Connected option in your device settings to improve the Bluetooth connection with your phone. Note that turning on this feature may cause the battery on your device to drain more quickly than normal.

Additionally, I'd recommend taking a look at: How do I use the Fitbit app to capture GPS data?. If you keep getting the same message, can you please sending a photo showing it?

Looking forward to your response! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue. Charge 3, Note 9.

Problems started with last firmware update. 

Best Answer

The way I fixed it was to start a run activity via the Charge 3 itself, let it run for like 20 seconds then end it. 

Worked for my wife on her Charge 3 too. 

Best Answer

Welcome here @Spambarrage! If what I've provided in this post did not work for you, can you please try the recommendation that @MarkySharky shared with us?

Give that a try and let us know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Much obliged! Worked for me. 👍🎉

Best Answer

Connected GPS is running and assisted breathing started on their own.  How do I shut them off and why did this happen?

Best Answer

Good day

I have 2 charge 3's and 1 charge 2.

Charge 2 app under exercise shortcuts you can click on exercise and turn GPS on or off. on android app ( moms cell)

On my charge 3 app. My GPS activated itself on a run and wouldn't turn off. So I did what the forum says and turned it off under shortcuts.

I did this for both mine and my wife's charge 3.

Now that I want it on. that feature of GPS ON/OFF is no longer there under shortcuts on the android app.

I have no way of using it via the app. And gps wont turn on by itself anymore. ( yes cell is in range)

I tried;

1. deleting cache and data on cell

2. removing android app.

3. deleting bluetooth connection

4. restarting cell after 5 min

6. reinstalled app from scratch

7. deleting tracker from website.

8. resetting tracker (which in fact doesn't reset it at all nothing changes, tried button and charge cable )

After the above i still could not see GPS button the feature is not there.

I then removed app from cell again and connected via MS PC app.

At first it synced and said GPS was on in pc app but of on charge 3 it said off, so synced a few times wouldn't do anything.

I then removed all short cuts on pc app and synced again and added one at a time.

Now it shows on pc app and on charge 3 that gps is on in each excercise.

I then added cell app. And had it sync. Checked the short cuts on app and still no GPS on/off feature there. Cell app does not say GPS on or off

So ever since I turned it off Its gone and cant get it back on. Unless it was the update which came through in the beginning of the year.

Before if i went for a run it automatically turned run on and GPS on.

Now it doesn't so has this feature been removed.

I tried syncing between pc web and android, making sure i did sync each time and left it 2 min each time as well as made sure i tried disconnected and connected all the apps showed different things in exercise either its very delayed or incorrectly syncing.

I have spent 10 hours over 2 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would like to read the response to this.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Update. I tried 2 runs with my cell since first post. After a few minutes cell said connected GPS on. However I did not see a connection on the charge 3. Checked on app afterwards and no GPS was tracked or added on any of the runs. Fitbit app was open. According to all info a charge 3 should auto track running as well as auto activate GPS Yes auto track and GPS are on on the tracker. As said above I can't control GPS on cell app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Where on The Chare3 would I find the GPS on and off if it is there?Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Open Fitbit app.

Open menu top left (blue little box)

Click on charge 3 or  whichever u have.

Scroll down and click on exercise short cuts.

You will see a list of exercises

Click on run or walk or hike or bike they all have GPS available.

It should give you a toggle switch to turn on or off. ((Mine doesn't any more although it did until I turned it off.)

(Ps don't turn it off it disappears for good.))

You can also swipe one at a time to delete and add at the bottom if less then 6 exercises.

As well as hold 3 lines to drag and change order.

After wards just back out of each screen

And sync device should update tracker.

Can also be don'e on tracker clicking on exercise. And scrolling up and turning GPS on.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks.  I got a new phone and new tracker!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of mine have the GPS on off.  How can I stop it from flashing "Connected GPS is running" constantly?  

Thanks

Judy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restart cell

Best Answer
0 Votes
I restarted my cell.  Now is displays "connected GPS is running.'. It is not flashing.  Will this keep it from killing batteries?What makes it flash?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Clearly only a workaround for a fail in app, device, or both .

Master of Radiculopathy
Best Answer
0 Votes

I keep getting the same notification and I cannot get rid of it. The images are the same for everyone, it's a galaxy notification that you cannot swipe away. Please help  me get rid of it, an also, I tried to make my username KaterinaBallerina and it cut it off and only partially saved it and I don't know where I can change that either. Frustrated!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it, doesnt help.  I have tried starting a run and then stopping, doesnt help.  This is very frustrating as people have stated it drains the battery.  Why cant Fitbit simply fix the app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Faced the same issue myself...figured out this issue actually stemmed from mobile phone's settings...go to Settings - click on Notification- click on Fitbit ,then you see detailed notification options...disable the GPS related one! Done.

Best Answer
0 Votes