Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 shows 001 and Smiley face

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 3 - shows 001 or Smiley face - tried resetting many many times - no green lights on back - can’t change clock face because it won’t synch  now just a continuous buzz when I press the button. There must be a way to fix - it’s only 1 1/2 years old 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Terrydearden. Welcome to the community forums! 

Thank you for the detailed information and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried prior to posting. If restarting your Charge 3 didn't work, I recommend performing a long restart to see if that makes any difference. The long restart is different than the basic one and you can complete the process by following the instructions below: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

If after trying this, your Charge 3 is back to normal but it still doesn't sync, please try these steps: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Hope this helps. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Terrydearden. Welcome to the community forums! 

Thank you for the detailed information and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried prior to posting. If restarting your Charge 3 didn't work, I recommend performing a long restart to see if that makes any difference. The long restart is different than the basic one and you can complete the process by following the instructions below: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

If after trying this, your Charge 3 is back to normal but it still doesn't sync, please try these steps: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Terrydearden Thanks for your reply. 

@Terrydearden wrote:
Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

Seems that there wasn't more information included in your response. Do you have any other questions or inquiries? 

I look forward to your response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes