Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 stopped tracking my sleep stages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 3 no longer tracking sleep stages. It was working fine for years, until about 4 days ago. I’ve tried updating the app, and rebooting the tracker multiple times. It is tracking my heart rate just fine. Has anyone else had this problem? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there, @Selvharp1. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. It's sad to hear that your Charge 3 has stopped tracking your sleep stages for the past 4 days. Thanks for the steps you tried prior to posting here, I'll do my best to help you with this. 

I recommend considering the following in order to get sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

For more information, see What should I know about Fitbit sleep stages?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m not sure why fitbit stopped tracking my sleep. I’ve been wearing my Fitbit on my wrist at night, the same as always, which is 2-3 finger widths above my wrist bone.

i was wondering if an update or something changed in the app.  As I said I’ve been getting sleep data from my charge 3 for years, and it just suddenly stopped.

thank you for your reply 

Best Answer
0 Votes