Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 stopped working after swimming

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Charge 3 no longer works properly after I went swimming. I am sure it says on the box it’s ok for swimming. Do you have an address I can send back to Fitbit maybe to be fixed? I am using my charge 2 at the moment as I kept it when I bought charge 3 but I want to use my tracker for swimming 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity/format

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Fabs77. Welcome to the community forums.

Thank you for the detailed information and for letting me know that you would like to continue using your Charge 3. Charge 3 is Water-resistant to 50 meters, but Water resistance may diminish over time and can be negatively impacted by any of the following:

• Dropping the device.
  • Exposing the device to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, or sunscreen.
  • Exposing the device to high-velocity water (for example, during water sports).

At this time, I'd recommend performing a restart to your Charge 3. For this, please make sure to follow the instructions provided in this link: 

How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If that doesn't work, I suggest contacting our Support Team for further assistance. You can contact them through chat or over the phone and they will be able to verify your options.

Also, they will advise whether you can return your Charge 3. In the meantime, please make sure to read our return and warranty policy here

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Fabs77. Welcome to the community forums.

Thank you for the detailed information and for letting me know that you would like to continue using your Charge 3. Charge 3 is Water-resistant to 50 meters, but Water resistance may diminish over time and can be negatively impacted by any of the following:

• Dropping the device.
  • Exposing the device to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, or sunscreen.
  • Exposing the device to high-velocity water (for example, during water sports).

At this time, I'd recommend performing a restart to your Charge 3. For this, please make sure to follow the instructions provided in this link: 

How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If that doesn't work, I suggest contacting our Support Team for further assistance. You can contact them through chat or over the phone and they will be able to verify your options.

Also, they will advise whether you can return your Charge 3. In the meantime, please make sure to read our return and warranty policy here

See you around. 

Best Answer

Hi Wilson, 

I am having the same problem with my Fitibit 3. I have called support and am awaiting an e-mail from them.

I mostly just lounged in the pool, so depth was not an issue. I remove my Fitbit to shower (that is the best time for me to charge it).

I even took it off to put on sunscreen because I didn't want to miss any spots on my wrist. I rarely wear perfume and wasn't wearing any yesterday. I was passively lounging in the pool... there were no water sports involved in my pool time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @elizabethinwa. Welcome to the community forums. 

Thank you for the detailed information and for any steps you've tried prior to posting. At this time, I was able to see that our Support Team has provided information and assistance. If you still have questions or inquiries about the outcome of your case, I recommend replying back to them and they will be more than glad to continue assisting you. 

See you around. 

Best Answer