Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 stopped working after the latest update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After the latest update in september 2020 my year old charge 3 is Absolutely DEAD. At first it seemed only to consume the battery charge very quickly and not to charge completely, then it letterally died. My tracker was perfectly working before. I cannot restart it because it is dead. Please help

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @paolapetrella.

I am sorry to hear your Charge 3 stopped working. Thank you for trying to resolve this and providing the additional details. I totally understand how you are feeling and I am here to help. I recommend trying the following:

1. Please follow the complete troubleshooting instructions from this help article: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

2. Perform a long restart:  

• Connect the device to the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration
  • The device turns off.
  • The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  • Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @paolapetrella.

I am sorry to hear your Charge 3 stopped working. Thank you for trying to resolve this and providing the additional details. I totally understand how you are feeling and I am here to help. I recommend trying the following:

1. Please follow the complete troubleshooting instructions from this help article: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

2. Perform a long restart:  

• Connect the device to the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration
  • The device turns off.
  • The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  • Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks for helping but the device is dead: when I connect it to the charging cable nothing happens and it remaines turned of. It’s not that it doesn’t charge but that it’s dead! Before the update it was working perfectly! 

Best Answer
Thanks for helping someway but ad I said it’s not that the tracker doesn’t
charge but that it’s dead, and all this after the update: when I connect it
to the charging cable nothing happens because it remaines turned off, dead!
Please help.
Best Answer

Hi @paolapetrella, thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. Since the issue persists, I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I am still waiting for someone who contact and can help me. You will find attached the pics of the box and the serial code of my tracker. I expect a change. Thank you

740378E4-BA39-4289-B44A-9DA40DDE27C1.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @paolapetrella, thank you for your reply.

I am sorry to hear you haven't heard from our Support team. Thank you for providing a photo. I've sent these details to our Support team and they will be contacting you soon. Please keep an eye on your inbox, make sure to check your spam and junk folders. 

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes