Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 stopped working in just over a year

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been very careful about water and cleaning. Yet just after one year it started to short out. It started with buzzing all the time, screen frantically changing, and the red light constantly staying on. It was unresponsive to squeezing. First it would function while charging, now nothing. Going to put it into rice and pray that works. It was never submerged yet was supposed to handle swimming?! Anyone else have a very short life with theirs? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@NutriMom Welcome! It's great to see you around.

Thank you for the detailed information and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried prior to posting.

Please note that the Charge 3 is water-resistant to 50 meters. They're designed to be swimproof and stand up to even the sweatiest of workouts. See the table below and our user manuals for specifics as to whether your device is swimproof or splashproof, but if your Charge 3 isn't turning on even after you plugged in to charge, I recommend visiting this help article: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? It's probably that now it is refusing to charge. 

If that doesn't work, please make sure that you tried to restart it by following these specific instructions: How do I restart my Fitbit device? If this doesn't help, you can also try to perform a long restart. A long restart is different than the normal restart and you can complete the process by following these steps: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Hope this helps. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your suggestions unfortunately neither of these options worked. The screen will come on and charge when plugged in but it does nothing if you take it off the charger. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NutriMom Thanks for your response and for trying the suggested instructions. 

I'm sorry to hear that the inconvenience has persisted, my best recommendation is contact our Support Team so they can look deeper into the issue and help you with this matter. You can contact them through chat or over the phone. Click here to get connected. Make sure to mention the steps you've followed, so they can help you from there. 

See you around. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes