Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 stuck in firmware update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I've tried to update my Charge 3 with todays prompt for an update in my phone app.

The Screen is stuck on 1/3 progress bar, and the charge wont communicate to either Android, iPhone or PC to continue.

Can this be reset, or has it been broken by the update?

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Bought a new charge 3. Like everyone else I can't update the firmware.  But unlike the rest because It never was set up, it reverts to the unset up state which makes it useless.  Has anyone had any help at all from Fitbit

Thanks

Best Answer

I was having issues as well on my iPhone 7Plus.

Once the firmware update was downloaded and failed,

I was advised by the US Fitbit Support Team to turn the phones wifi off and try again.

There was a notification showing on the app to finish/complete install or something similar.

And it worked.

A few minutes later my wife's Charge 3 firmware upgraded using her iPhone 8 without issue on the first go.

Perturbed but relieved.

hth

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone recently received a firmware update for my Charge 3.  I tapped on the update and it made progress and stopped and from that point on, my device could not be found.  I restarted my device, I removed the app from my phone and reinstalled it, I readded my charge 3 to my phone (it found it when readding it but again tried the firmware upgrade and again quit and device could not be found).

I opened a chat on support to figure out how to solve the issue.  The support person I ended up with told me over and over again that because my phone wasn't on their "tested phone list" she could not assure me it wouldn't happen again and offered no help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also just got a new Charge 3, and the update has been stuck at 0% for a while.  Not an impressive beginning. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Stuck on 0% over 30 minutes now, in my first attempt to ever use a fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Based on instructions on https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-3/Charge-3-update-stuck/td-p/3449047

I rebooted the fitbit by holding down the button till it rebooted, while it was charging.  Which didn't work the first time.

The first 10% of the update, with the screen off, took 24 minutes.  The second 10% with the screen on took 3 minutes.  So hey, that's useful to know.  8x speed increase. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After rebooting the fitbit, the upgrade took 1 hour and 6 minutes, and I haven't had any other problems. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesterday I saw a notice on my iPhone app for a firmware update.  Have tried several times, with no success.  The problem is essentially the same——the update stalls shortly after the start, nothing happens whether I leave it for 30 minutes or 4 hours, apart from the watch getting charged.  I would like to know if the advice from Steve H actually works.  As I read the replies below, a number of people have had trouble when they followed it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine took 20 mins.

Both Fitbit and phone finished properly.

The good lady's Fitbit updated and finished properly.

Her phone was stuck on updating after the Fitbit recovered.

Ended the app manually and now both working fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes