Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 to record stationary cycle exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I set my Charge 3 to record exercise on stationary cycle or spin class, including interval training?  Physical therapist prefers cycle over walking. 

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

@PeLee It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! you can record your Spinning sessions and also interval workouts by using these modes on your Charge. You can follow these instructions on how to set them up on the tracker and activate them. Basically once you have selected the desired options and saved them you press the button on the tracker, scroll until you reach the exercises then scroll using the touch screen through the different options (you can have 7 exercises on the tracker) and press the option you want to activate it. 

I do get that cycling is a non contact sport so it will save your joints from undesired pain. Hopefully this will help you get better.

I also moved your post to the correct board. 

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

That doesn't help at all.  When I do that, I have 6 options listed.  All are being used and none are anything like stationary bike.  There is nothing to add.

Best Answer

I had this problem adding yoga. Choose something you don't use (I never go on a treadmill!) and swipe left to delete it and free up space. Then if you press the + at the top you can replace what you deleted with spinning...

Best Answer

update:  I do see the options now using fitbit.com dashboard.  It's the phone app that only shows the configured exercises with no way to change them.

Best Answer
When I tap the account icon
Exercise shortcuts does not appear for me to choose.
Any more useful suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone.
Blessings,
PeLee
Best Answer

If I have a Fitbit icon on my phone that does mean I’m using the Fitbit app, right?

Anyway there is nothing named exercise shortcuts for me to tap. 

Still desperate to get this settled so I can go use stationary cycle!!

Thanks for any help. 

PeLee

Best Answer

Did you follow the instructions above? Once you've selected account you need to select your device. After you select your device, you should see a screen with boxes at the top saying Clock Faces, Apps, How to Use and Accessories? Scroll down a bit you will see a heading General written in bluey green. Keep scrolling and you should find exercise shortcuts

Best Answer

houlster did you try swiping left to get rid of the pre-installed ones? You can change them then...

Best Answer

@Gymbob wrote:

houlster did you try swiping left to get rid of the pre-installed ones? You can change them then...

I had to change them through the website.  Once I made a change there, then all of them showed up in the app.  The top 6 are what show up in the tracker.

Now, in the app, I can remove some by swiping like you said, but there's never any way to add them back in.  Need to use the website to get them back.

Best Answer
Yes there is. Use the "+" at the top right of the screen
Best Answer

To do it in the app use the "+" at the top right of the screen

Best Answer

There is no "+" at the top of the screen.  Only a back arrow.

Best Answer

There is actually a Spinning exercise shortcut. It's just not one of the six defaults, so you'll need to add it. This is how:

1. Open the Fitbit app.
  2. Tap on the icon in the upper right corner to access your account settings.
  3. Tap on Charge 3 in the list of devices.
  4. Scroll down to "Exercise Shortcuts" and tap it.
  5. For iOS, click "Edit" in the upper right corner of the screen, then decide which shortcut you want to delete and tap the red circle next to its name. For Android, swipe left on any shortcut to remove it.
  6. Now tap on the "Exercise Shortcut" option at the bottom of the list.
  7. Find "Spinning" in the list (it's NOT alphabetical) and tap on it.
  8. If you want to make "Spinning" the first exercise shortcut or move it up in the list, press and hold the three vertical lines icon to the right (iOS) or left (Android) of the "Spinning" section, and drag the Workout section to the top of the list of shortcuts or wherever you want it.
  9. Press "Done" in the upper right corner.
  10. Press "Charge 3" in the upper left corner.
  11. Make sure your phone syncs to your tracker to send it the new shortcut and ordering changes.
  12. Verify the "Spinning" shortcut appears in the list of exercise shortcuts on your Charge 3.

Hope that helps!

Best Answer

I think I just discovered there was a missing step in the instructions you referred me to click on.

Step 1 was, from the app dashboard, to tap the account icon.

Then step 2 should have been tap on device image. And, a photo of what that item looks like to tap on would help, too.

Only after I did that step was I able to see exercise shortcuts to do "your" step 2.

Today I found it by accident while looking for something else, and did change it.

I haven't tested it  yet, but will shortly, and will see if this actually works for me.

Thanks for checking back, and I'll try to let you know.

Best Answer
Hi Kelsey
I think that what you suggested is what I just did on accident—except that I didn’t know about pressing the three little lines so I could drag it.
So now I’m about to go to the rec center and test it out!

Sent from my iPhone.
Blessings,
PeLee
Best Answer

@

6. Now tap on the "Exercise Shortcut" option at the bottom of the list

As I've mentioned, there is nothing to tap on this screen in the app to add exercise links.  All I can do is change the order & remove them.  There is ***nothing*** clickable to add different ones into the list.

Maybe if I remove all the ones I'm not currently using and one that I am (down to < 6) the screen will change?  Dunno.  Don't want to try it though.

Best Answer

FFS I give up trying to help people. I said "select your device" 

Please don't come here and criticise people who are trying to help when you haven't read their posts properly! 

Best Answer
Sorry!!!!
The whole thing is strange and new to me and I didn’t know that those words and symbols meant that item. As I said, a picture of what that step would look like would help a newbie like me. Also, listing it separately instead of tacking it on to step one would have helped me “see” it.
I have to have everything spelled out in exquisite detail or I don’t “get” it. It’s not intuitive for me.
I sure appreciate anyone who can be patient with me—AND I finally did figure out that one step, so hurrah!

Sent from my iPhone.
Blessings, PeLee
Best Answer

I've tried the suggestions I've read here, added spinning in the settings and it synced but spinning still is not a choice on the main screen.

There is no Done in the upper right corner after adding spinning. This is so frustrating!

Help!

Best Answer