Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 to record stationary cycle exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I set my Charge 3 to record exercise on stationary cycle or spin class, including interval training?  Physical therapist prefers cycle over walking. 

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

@pbja4m, you can add Spinning to your shortcuts right from the Fitbit app.

In Fitbit app tap on the Charge 3 icon in the top right corner, scroll down to Exercise Shortcuts - tap on it. There will be 6 shortcuts that are set by default - you need to remove one or few that you don't need in order to add spinning. Swipe to the left to remove shortcuts, then a plus edit button will appear in the top right corner - tap on it. Select spinning (and any other shortcuts you might use) and click 'Add to Charge 3'. You can rearrange shortcuts to appear on your tracker in certain order.  

To track an exercise, swipe to the left on your clock face, tap exercise, swipe to the left again to go through the list of shortcuts. Tap on an exercise you want to track. You can also manage additional settings from Charge 3: when on a specific exercise, swipe up to see adjustable options. Hope it works for you!

Best Answer

Why does my charge3 not record stationary bike?

Best Answer

@Linder7, how did you track it? This is not one of the auto-recognized exercises, needs to be tracked manually.

Best Answer

Welcome on board @Linder7, it's nice to see you here! Thanks for the help @RiseAndShine. Hi @pbja4m I'll give you had with inquiry. 

I'd like to mention that with Charge 3 you have 20 available exercise shortcuts to choose from (in the app) but you can only have 6 on the Charge 3 at a time.

charge 3 shortcuts.PNG

@pbja4m  After tapping the option "Spinning" you will see the option "Add to Charge 3", after you add it, please sync your Fitbit Charge 3. Then you should have that workout on your Charge 3. 

Shortcuts1.PNG

If you're having issues with this, please confirm that your Fitbit app is up to date and restart your Charge 3; make sure it syncs with your phone after this. 

@Linder7 In this case, "Spinning" would be the option that you have with Charge 3. Since it tracks the insensitivity of your workout, it will give you calories depending on your HR reading.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any additional questions! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi! I am not able to access the 20 options for exercise. Only has running. What am I doing wrong? Appreciate your help!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Linder7, I have instructions at the top of this page how to add exercises and do manual tracking. You have to adjust the list of shortcuts in Fitbit app - max 6 shortcuts are allowed. You have to remove at least 1 of them to be able to add new shortcuts (all the details in the post above). To track exercise manually, swipe from home screen to the left - tap on Exercise, then select the one you need, tap on it, tap on start (may need to tap 'start' twice). Please, let us know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for the step by step help!  I was able to add spinning to my Charge 3.  I appreciate you taking the time to explain this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you sooooo much for this!  Ive been searching for days for a step by step explanation and this is the only one that worked 🙂   

Best Answer

thank you all done

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very helpful instructions. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I put the wristband in my pocket instead of wearing it on my wrist.   It only counts  the "steps" on the leg the pocket is on, so about half, but it counts as exercise for that day.  I put the wristband on my ankle once but I was worried the whole time it would fall off.  Only problem is you have to wear exercise pants that have pockets.

Best Answer
0 Votes