Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 too dim to read anything

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 screen is too dim to read anything. I have tried changing settings, I have deleted & reinstalled the app. I have disconnected and re added the device to the app and nothing works. I haven’t been able to wear it in over a year and am about to bin it unless someone can help. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everybody!

Thanks for reaching out regarding this situation with the Charge 3. In this case, please be so kind to contact and report this directly with Fitbit Customer Support. They will help you out! We will be closing this thread, there will be no option for future replies.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @mag52. I'm sorry to hear your Charge 3 screen is too dim. Thank you for mentioning the steps that you have followed to resolve this.

Please try restarting your tracker:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display.
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried everything including the steps you mentioned and it’s still dim. This is my second Fitbit and I encountered the same issue with the first one so I bought another one thinking the first one was an isolated case. It sounds like it’s a common problem 😞

Best Answer

Welcome to our community, @Ameeg. Thank you for letting me know that you have tried everything.

I understand how frustrating this could be and could you please confirm that you have tried restarting your Charge 3 using the 15-second method: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried it and still dim 😞

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 3 is still dim @Ameeg.,

Have you tried changing your trackers clock face with the instructions of: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues with my charge 4 and have tried all these reboots. Screen is so dim can only read it some in extreme dark.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Changed the clock face and didn’t help 😞

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Tirosh, and thanks for getting back to us @Ameeg. I'm sorry that you aren't able to lighten more your Charge 3 and Charge 4 screens after following advised troubleshooting steps.

Could you please confirm that your devices are not on DND (do not disturb) or Sleep mode?

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes not on dnd, top and bottom of screen can sort of be seen, but not the sides. Not sleep mode either 

Moderator edit: updated post. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screen failure, seems fitbit needs to address this apparent system issue

Best Answer

It’s neither on DND nor sleep mode

Best Answer

Started 2 weeks ago and getting worse

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for letting me know that your devices are not on DND or sleep mode @Tirosh@Ameeg.

I noticed that you already got in touch with our Support Team and are receiving assistance. 

We look forward to get you back on track. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Only able to look into warranty, but otherwise not able to get any help. Since so many people have this issue fitbit needs to make a correction or customers like myself need to go with another tracker company 

Best Answer

Thank you Andrea but I’ve tried this now and I can’t see what is on the screen, if there is anything. It’s vibrating ok but I’ve no idea now whether it’s on or off. 

Yep done that. No change. 

Best Answer

I didn’t get in touch with the Support Team. I only posted the issue here in the forum. Like others, I’ll look into getting a different kind/brand of tracker considering that I’ve had 2 Fitbits with the same issue. 

Best Answer

Yes I changed the clock face several times and nothing makes any difference. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us @Tirosh@Ameeg and @mag52. Let's keep on working on this.

@Tirosh, I understand that this can be very frustrating, your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated.

@Ameeg, thank you for the clarification. I went ahead and created a case on your behalf. 

@mag52, I also created a case for you. 

You can check your email. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing for my charge 3.  Happened to a previous Charge 3 and replaced the old one last Christmas. now he "new" one is is so dim after charging it I cant read anything.  It is only 6 mos old. I am not hard on my equipment at all., very disappointing.

ms

I too have had the exact same MO and did all of the resets suggested.  replaced my first charge 3 with another thinking it was a "one off" but have a repeat issue in a much shorter time of owning this charge 3.  disappointing.  

ms62

Best Answer
0 Votes