Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 too dim to read anything

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 screen is too dim to read anything. I have tried changing settings, I have deleted & reinstalled the app. I have disconnected and re added the device to the app and nothing works. I haven’t been able to wear it in over a year and am about to bin it unless someone can help. 

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @mag52. I'm sorry to hear that your new Charge 3 is dim. 

I understand how frustrating this could be and could you confirm that you have tried the advised troubleshooting steps from my previous posts?

Best Answer
Yes I have tried them all. Nothing makes a difference.
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for letting me know that you have tried the advised troubleshooting steps @mag52.

I noticed that you already got in touch with our Support Team.

We look forward to get you back on track. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you Andrea
Best Answer

I have read all the suggestions and tried them all, with no luck. As for getting in touch with support team, the only response I've been able to receive is to go to this forum. I got a replacement when my last charge 3 had a similar problem, so the guaranty for the new one soon expired. Perhaps Fitbit sales department is hoping customers in this situation will buy a new one🤞🏻😬?

Best Answer

Same problem as everyone else. Tried plug in/15 second route and clock face change - nothing. Please help! 

Best Answer

AndreaFitbit, I restarted the tracker as you suggest bu nothing changes. What should I do?   

I cannot read the screen

Best Answer

You´re very welcome @mag52.

@Mars08, I'm sorry to hear that you were not able to get assistance from our team, now we don't assist via email directly. I went ahead and created a case on your behalf in order to continue assisting you.

Welcome to our community, @Sandra1944, I noticed that you already got in touch with our team and received assistance.

Welcome, @Orlando289. Thank you for letting us know that you restarted your tracker as suggested without change. Could you please confirm that you tried the restart, long restart and changed your tracker's clock face?

Best Answer
Hello. Yes I did all those things and I am now able to read the screen, mostly, but it is still very dim. Odd occasions, the screen flickers brightly for a second or two but then it dims again but it happens inconsistently.

Thank you for checking up for me.
Best Answer

Not clear what help you received. I tried everything and screen is dim - can only read indoors. cannot read any number outdoors. Seems to be forced upgrade over last weekend, since then it has gone bad. 

Had discussion with Peter John on fitbit chat - same instructions received, tried everything, nothing works. Suggestion is to buy new device - will get something other than fitbit.

No one is giving understanding on how to factory reset the device - that may be the only solution.

Best Answer

Sorry I did that yesterday but still can’t see anything

Best Answer

Exactly the same with my charge 3 

cannot read at all now/ been fobbed off with all the same troubleshoot suggestions but no display at all! I am very dubious of buying a replacement from the company for these reasons or upgrade. The customer support is hopeless in my experience.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for your comments. A warm welcome to our new users. I'm sorry to hear about your Charge 3 screen. 

@mag52, you're very welcome.

I appreciate your feedback and noticed that you have already contacted our team and received assistance. If the tips you have received didn't work for you I would suggest getting in touch with them again. 

Best Answer
I too have tried all the troubleshooting advice and have decided to scrap my Charge 3 and return to using my old Inspire. It is a bit more basic but has a good bright display screen that is easy to see and has most of the functions that I have been using with my Charge 3.

Thanks Fitbit Team and community for your advice but I will not be replacing the Charge 3 because dimness of the screen seems to be a recurring issue for many users and does not appear to be resolvable.
Best Answer
Thank you for your advice. I too feel it is unsolvable.
Best wishes
Best Answer

Swipe the screen to the left until you reach the settings option, tap it and then tap on Brightness to scroll through the different options

Regards,

Will

Best Answer
0 Votes

To adjust the brightness on your Charge 3, do the following:
From the tracker, swipe left to Settings.
Tap the brightness option and select the option you prefer.

Regards,

Will

Best Answer
0 Votes
That was the very first thing I tried. I have tried all the suggestions people have made to increase the screens brightness but nothing works.

I have thrown away my Charger 3 now and reverted to using my Fitbit Inspire, which works perfectly with a bright display.

Thanks for your help though.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Having same issue with my charge 3 that is 4 yrs old

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know the brightness settings - auto, normal, dim and have tried that and all the instructions provided by the help support but to no avail. I gave up and am looking at buying an Apple Watch. I’ve had 2 Fitbit Charge trackers and both had the same issue. I could have bought an Apple Watch before with the cost of those two. It would have probably lasted longer than 2 years combined.

Best Answer
0 Votes