Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 tracks heart rate when I’m not wearing it

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Whenever I take off my watch it continues to show a heart rate and sometimes it tracks a sleeping cycle while no wearing it. Is there an off mode I can put it on when I’m not wearing it? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Community Forums @Rachelllynn!

Sometime the Charge 3 can't detect you have taken it off, and it sees what it thinks is your pulse. This is can be explained in this article. Note that if you remove your tracker but it keeps moving, for example if you put it in a pocket, backpack, or purse (like in this case), the tracker may display an erroneous heart rate reading. And there are some factors that can affect the heart rate readings. Movement, temperature, humidity, stress level, physical body position, caffeine intake, and medication are some of the few things that can affect it. 

You can prevent this from happening the next time you put the device in the purse by turning off the heart rate on the Charge 3. Open the Settings app and find Heart Rate. Make sure Heart Rate is On/Off (depending of the situation). 

I'll be around if you have any questions present. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

So my fitbit charge 3, tracked a full sleep cycle, even deep sleep, REM sleep, awakenings, while it was on my floor, not moving. Heart rate too. I looked at the article. Does not really explain how it does that. Kinda makes me question the accuracy of really any of its measurements.

Best Answer
0 Votes