Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 update is slow

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Charge 3 today, and when I hooked it up via my phone & app, it said there was an update. So it started applying the update....and it's progressing about a percentage per minute. How long is this update supposed to take? Surely Fitbit has figured out how to transfer data faster than this, right? This isn't gigs and gigs worth of an update is it?

Sure, patience isn't my strongest characteristic....but I'm interested in using this thing today sometime. 😛

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
47 REPLIES 47

So is this a Charge 3 only problem, or is it happening across the entire product range?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried several times updating following carefully the instructions. The updating process stucks in the very begining, waiting for hours doesn't help.

Best Answer

Good luck ! I updated my charge 3. Now the the heart rate monitor is so off it won’t work correctly any more. Yes I updated this 3 times to see if it would correct. It didn’t Firbjr sent another one never got it. They said it was delivered to me.  I asked them for a tracking number never got that either. Horrible customer service. This update was designed so you buy the New Fitbit 4.    Please let me know if you have the same issue once you have your update. 3 of my friends did. Thanks and stay safe !

Best Answer

My Fitbit Charge 3 has been trying to do the firmware update for the last 12 hours...it just isn’t working. Really lousy experience

Best Answer

I'm completely losing patience with this update! It been over an hour and still isn't updated.

Best Answer

I got mine to update. Btty life is only a few hours.  It will not last overnight, screen becomes randomly un responsive....    I have done the long reset and it still does not operate properly.  Still not happy.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

If this eternity-long update were the first frustrating difficulty with my Charge 3, I might have some patience. Their chat scheme never responded.

If causing these troubles is a marketing plan to get me to buy a Charge 4, here is my question: does anyone out there know of another fitness tracker that actually works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, your advice worked for me too. The Versa 3 updated successfully after restarting bluetooth.

Best Answer
0 Votes