Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 with black horizontal lines on the display

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Fitbit Charge 3 for some time now, unsure of purchase date. Recently, black horizontal lines are displayed on its LCD. I've read some threads about pixels are going out when this happens, is this a common issue with all Fitbits after an extended period of time, or is it isolated to Fitbit 3? I have not other issues with the Fitbit, but the horizontal black lines make it difficult to read the LCD. Considering there has been a series of Fitbit releases, since the Fitbit Charge 3 release, I'm concerned that this issue is to encourge upgrading the Fitbit. 

Is there a software update available to fix the pixel issue, or am I left with no option but to replace my watch? I love my Fitbit, but I'm considering other brands if this is a known and continual issue with the F products.

Moderator Edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit  Community, @MsSonyaG. I'm sorry to hear your Charge 3 displays black horizontal lines on its display. 

Currently, there's no a software update to correct the pixel issue. Could you please confirm that you have already restarted your tracker:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display.
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes