Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 with new lines across screen every day and won't update!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried every possible solution so please don't give me the common sense ones like 'just try again' or 'reboot it' as I have multiple times.

My Charge 3 is less than 3 months old, got it in a clearance sale. Last month, lines started to appear throughout the display and it got worse..and worse...and now there's a new line on the display almost every day. There has been no trauma to the watch as I take good care of it, all I have done is replaced the silicone strap with a fabric one as I had bad skin reactions to the default band.

I have tried rebooting (going into Settings on the watch and then 'about' and rebooting), I have unpaired and repaired to my phone, I have run the battery all the way down and charged it back up to find nothing had changed, I have uninstalled the app on my phone and reinstalled it, my phone runs the latest version of android and the app is up to date too, I have looked in the similar Fitbit forums and tried every single solution and nothing will work at all. Really not happy, I've only had it 3 months! You can barely see the display now. The store I got it from have refused to refund me or exchange it, accusing me of damaging the tracker but nothing has happened to it. I take it off in the shower and I work out maybe 3 times a week, I'm not exactly Usain Bolt here.

Secondly, the fitbit absolutely refuses to update. I will click update tracker software in the app (on my Motorola phone, which runs latest android 10) and it will spend 5ish minutes "updating" before a cross appears on the tracker screen but the app will keep 'updating'...for 3 hours! I end up having to restart my phone because the app will no stoo even though the tracker has crashed. Seriously unimpressed with all of this 😡

Does anyone have any solutions or was this a huge waste of money from what I had heard to be a fantastic tracker. Sort it out, Fitbit!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

re the screen issues. Fitbit's advice for this problem is at 

Fitbit's advice for those having this problem is at Check here for help with Charge 3 screen issues - Fitbit Community

It sounds like you have already tried the restart so the next step is to contact customer support. They can check your warranty status and advise on your options. Hopefully you will still be covered and eligible for a replacement (which may also sort out the update issues!)

Best Answer

Sorry to tell you but I have had this problem too. Actually I have had it twice on two separate watches. Both charge 3.   The first time it was like you - within weeks - but I had bought it directly from Fitbit and they replaced it.   The replacement went at 11 months. I don’t swim in it. I don’t abuse it. 
However it is such a fantastic watch for me that I have replaced it despite knowing that it has issues.   Your recourse is supposed to be with the retailer. (That’s what the U.K. law stays anyway)They will hate you returning it to them though.  It is not fixable. It’s nothing that you have done.  It’s not fit for purpose if you can’t get a display. It is a known fault in a batch of watches. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @ray-23 and thanks for getting back to us @SteveH and @Zambezisaviour.

@ray-23, please follow provided advise by @SteveH or @Zambezisaviour. Thank you for your help!

Keep on visiting the forums.

Best Answer