Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won’t charge, switches screen on its own

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 suddenly started vibrating randomly, switching from clock screen to DND, won’t swipe, won’t charge, sensor light doesn’t light and now has a blank screen and won’t do anything. tried the 8 second and 15 second restart, both did nothing. It won’t sync so can’t do a clock face reset. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @MysticMae88. I'm sorry to hear about your Charge 3 not charging and thank you for letting us know that you have tried the 8 seconds and 15 seconds restart. 

If your battery stopped charging, try the solutions below:

•  Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Make sure you use the charging cable that came with your device, as most cables aren't compatible with other devices.

Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?

•  

Restart your device again. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer

I am having the same exact problem and have followed all of the restart settings.  Now it is showing a screen that says 100 with the fitbit logo pulsating...I don't know if this is a good sign or not.   Can you please advise?

Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried cleaning the contacts, adjusting the alignment and use the same cable I’ve always used. It vibrates at initial connection, then shows a smiley face but then doesn’t do anything and can’t try the restart options. Any other ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @CHARGED3 and thanks for getting back to us @MysticMae88

@CHARGED3, thank you for letting us know that you followed the restart settings. Did you mean "001" instead of 100, I haven't seen a case with the 100 number.

@MysticMae88, thanks for tying advised troubleshooting steps. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Best Answer

It was showing 100...and now since I posted it is dead so not showing that anymore.   Was definitely a 100 with the pulsating fitbit logo.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for the clarification @CHARGED3.

Please contact our Support Team for further assistance.

Best Answer

Hi my charge 3 was doing the exact same thing.  I unpaired it and did a restart.  Now won't charge or turn on?   Very frustrating and this was a replacement from a previous defective one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Iam4ft12. Thanks for letting us know about the steps you have followed in order to fix your Charge 3.

I understand how frustrating this could be and could you please confirm that you have followed the advise of my first post on this thread?

Best Answer

I am having the same issues with my charge 3.  What did we do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us @CVShort. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing the same issues with your Charge 3.

Could you please confirm that you have followed the advised troubleshooting steps that appear on my first post on this thread?

See you around. 

Best Answer

Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device? The USB port or outlet is faulty. Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.

Regards,

Will

Best Answer
0 Votes