Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won’t connect to iPhone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The charge 3 stopped connecting to my iPhone so now the app is worthless and I can’t track sleep or anything on the app. This happened 2 days after getting my charge 3

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Just got off chat to figure out the issue why our charge 3 won’t sync. The firmware is out dated. You need to connect the watch to the charger. Once charging hold down the side button for 8 sec until you see a smiling face. Then open your fit bit app. It should sync. Once it syncs then you need to hit the pink arrow that says UPDATE. Once it has completed the update the syncing issue should be fixed. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
83 REPLIES 83

I did start off fine but after few days my Fitbit does not connect at all ,I have tried 

everything possiablr .can any one help or else I will return this new device and go back to my old device 

Best Answer

Mine worked a couple of days then stopped, I tried resetting. I’m not impressed!

Best Answer

Same! I turned off my phone, turning the Bluetooth on and off, and even disconnected the device from app. So far no luck connecting. It stopped connecting to my phone after five days.

Best Answer

same issue here as well, seems to be common

Best Answer
I have been trying to connect from yesterday ,it won’t connect ...humm

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
Why don’t Fitbit do something about it or else they will loose customer ..

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
I put mine in the charger and then reset and that worked. I really think they should test these products properly before they sell them to us 🙄 it’s not good.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got off chat to figure out the issue why our charge 3 won’t sync. The firmware is out dated. You need to connect the watch to the charger. Once charging hold down the side button for 8 sec until you see a smiling face. Then open your fit bit app. It should sync. Once it syncs then you need to hit the pink arrow that says UPDATE. Once it has completed the update the syncing issue should be fixed. 

Best Answer
worked! thank you
Best Answer

Hello I received some new instruction,I will try my luck,it is very
frustrating :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:
--

Moderator edit: content 

Best Answer

Update: I ended up resetting my unit--held button for 8 seconds until a smiley face appeared, and was then able to successfully connect the unit to my phone. No data was erased (which was a huge relief). 

Best Answer

This actually worked at least for now. We'll see if it stays connected.

Best Answer

Thanks it worked, but I couldn't see any pink arrow for update....

Best Answer
0 Votes

My firbit won't connect to my iPhone after a couple of days.  I tried resetting the phone, turning off Bluetooth and turning it back on. THE ONLY THING that works is -- I have to connect the fitbit to the charger, wait a couple of minutes and then it is fine!  What the heck is this?  I was looking forward to the new fitbit 3, but now I'm wondering if it was worth it. 

Best Answer

I tried resetting it too, but there was never any option to update, and the Fitbit won’t pair with my iPhone. Any ideas? I am so frustrated with this Fitbit!

Best Answer
I get the same thing. Never did I get a link to update the firmware in the
fitbit. Since I did the first reset and got to the smiley face, when I go
to Sync the fitbit with my iPhone, I have to pull it down to start the sync
2 or 3 times. If it doesn't sync, I attach it to the charger and it
works.
Best Answer

Same here. No blue tooth connection since today. Resetting and renewing connection won't help. Resetting iPhone won't help. Continuous sync does not work. Messages (WhatsApp, calendar, etc.) don't come through to the device. Why for goodness sake??? It worked well until yesterday! Fitbit, what is happening since the New Year started???

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need to connect the watch to the charger. Once charging hold down the side button for 8 sec until you see a smiling face. Then open your fit bit app. It should sync. Once it syncs then you need to hit the pink arrow that says Once it has completed the update the syncing issue should be fixed. Here is a pic of the update “pink arrow” 1788F433-06B0-4CCC-BDDB-C45FF02909F5.jpeg

Then you click on the pink “update tracker”

3866B78B-AE52-4070-B6F8-6368CDE81468.jpeg

Best Answer

Thanks very much, it worked! My tracker was already updated but your procedure made it working again. Funny that the blue tooth connection suddenly vanished, I already tried holding down the button 8 seconds while charging until the smiling face but that did not do the trick at first. But when I tried it a second time it started syncing again. Thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes