Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won’t connect to iPhone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The charge 3 stopped connecting to my iPhone so now the app is worthless and I can’t track sleep or anything on the app. This happened 2 days after getting my charge 3

Best Answer
83 REPLIES 83

I’ve done the smiley face/8 sec hold. No pink arrow appears. It syncs fine but won’t “pair” with my iPhone so I can get texts and all day sync. Any suggestions for that?  Worked fine when I got it 7 days ago for about 48 hours and now not paired. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tired this and it worked to get my device paired againI tired this and it worked to get my device paired again

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just received this piece of crap,wont work, wont set up wont do anything. sending the crap back. Total waste of time.

Best Answer

The pink arrow is on your app. Not on the watch. It should say “ update available” on your app when you try to sync 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the response. I understand that, but I never get the pink
arrow on the app or anything that says "update available" on the app.
Best Answer
0 Votes

any tips on getting the thing to connect for the very first time? just got it, and i can't get passed the 4 digit code stage. it won't go rather than "connecting to fitbit". im assuming i need it to connect initially for the firmware update to be available, but i can't seem to get it there. cant connect via desktop with this model, only mobile app. ive tried 3 different devices, so im sure the firmware is the issue, but how to fix it with no connections?!

Best Answer
Try just putting in the charger and then from your app, pull it down to
sync and see if that works.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope, I called them and found out my phones not compatible. I am returning it. I refuse to buy another phone to hook up this crap.
Thanks anyway.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Its a piece of crap. I am either taking it back or smashing it with a hammer first. Total piece of garbage.
Best Answer
0 Votes
It will not sync, wrong **ahem** phone. Forget this piece of crap!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven’t called them yet but I will. If my iPhone can’t work with this Fitbit, it’s getting returned.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Amen, I told them the fact that missing information on the box or even inside is bad!
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked perfectly!

i only had the Charge 3 for 5 days and then it wouldn’t sync. 

Just saw your tip and all’s good now.

Thank You.

Best Answer
0 Votes
For some reason, the Charge 3 just disconnects -- so finally last night, on
my iPhone I went into the Bluetooth settings and told it to forget the
charge 3 (it wasn't connected anyway). I then reset my Fitbit until you
see that smiley face :). Then I went into the Fitbit App on my phone and
in the upper right hand corner, I clicked the link in the top right corner
and selected setup device (again), After I entered that 4-digit code I
received from the watch, and went through the settings, everything
connected.

So far today, my fitbit is syncing like it's supposed to. I really hope
this fixes the problem for good because it is really really frustrating to
go through all this. If it disconnects in the next couple of days, I'll
call Fitbit and request a refund.
Best Answer

In my view, basically the Charge 3 is not compatible with iPhone or iPad. Don't know if Apple is screwing with fitbit, or fitbit just has an inferior product here, but it doesn't work.

I've done everything known to man and woman to get my Fitbit Charge 3 (I have two, they replaced one of them) and neither will not sync anymore  (they did only intermittently at first). Had trouble setting them up from the beginning, but finally started tracking, but rarely recorded on the app.  Now not at all.  Also can't change the time through the app, and I travel from two different time zones a lot. I also can't get it to Update.  I've soft and hard reset, removed tracker and re-added it, off and on blue tooth, removed app from iPad and iPhone (all these different attempts I've done NUMEROUS TIMES!!!!).  Nothing works.  Sending both back.  I bought the Charge 3, coz I wanted the swimming/waterproof feature, yet have never used it this way since it is winter.  Feel like they are forcing me to buy the more expensive watch which I really didn't want because of the extra the bulk. But now even if I go to the watches, afraid it won't work work with IOS.  Pissed and put out over it.

Best Answer

This doesn’t work either 

Best Answer
I still have issues with my Charge 3 as well. I still have to connect it
to the charger about every other day. Some days it doesn't change time or
recalculate steps. It disconnects constantly from my iphone 6s+. I have
to connect to manually connect it to Bluetooth almost daily. If
it's Apple, I just can't afford to buy a new phone. I don't understand why
it would be the phone as all the new phones run the same operating system,
so who the heck knows. I am disappointed and not getting any comforting
news with their help desk either. My charge 2 was much better than the 3.
I still have it and may go back to it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me and I followed all the directions with no help.  The only thing that fixed it was me turning off the wifi on my iphone, then it connected after the four digit code thing and all is well. I have to turn off wifi whenever I want to sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried that and yet mine will continue to say "connecting to fitbit." At this point, I give up.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I returned it, it's a **ahem**!
Best Answer
0 Votes