Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won’t connect to iPhone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The charge 3 stopped connecting to my iPhone so now the app is worthless and I can’t track sleep or anything on the app. This happened 2 days after getting my charge 3

Best Answer
83 REPLIES 83
I returned it. It is worthless
Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up. I returned it. Don't want or need it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Agree!, charge 2 was better but not water resistant. I don’t get it either. The only thing my charge 3 does is track steps and calories. The time isn’t right and a you know, i can’t update it or sync it.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Interesting!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I never get a prompt on my phone to download an update. The Bluetooth is not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried it at least 4 times.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anyone else get the bar on the Fitbit device that looks like an update? I get that but never a pink arrow on my phone 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot get my charge 3 to connect to the iphone, either. It stopped synching about 10 days ago. When I put the charge 3 into the charging cradle, I cannot access the "button." It is under the charge clamp> Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you’re using the clip on charger, notice that one side of the clip has an opening for access to the button. I have a second different charger that does not have an opening, so if I want to do a reset, I use the clip on. When I have trouble with syncing or pairing with my iPhone, I first do the reset, (by holding the button down until you see the smiley face) then go into the phone’s Bluetooth settings and select forget device. Then I power off my phone. When I turn it back on, I go into the Fitbit app and select my charge 3, then go to notifications. It will give you the option to “pair” with your phone. Sometimes I have to do this whole process a few times before it works, but it eventually does. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you’re using the clip on charger, notice that one side of the clip has an opening for access to the button. I have a second different charger that does not have an opening, so if I want to do a reset, I use the clip on. When I have trouble with syncing or pairing with my iPhone, I first do the reset, (by holding the button down until you see the smiley face) the reset has to be done while the charger is clipped on; then go into the phone’s Bluetooth settings and select forget device. Then I power off my phone. When I turn it back on, I go into the Fitbit app and select my charge 3, then go to notifications. It will give you the option to “pair” with your phone. Sometimes I have to do this whole process a few times before it works, but it eventually does. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks VERY much for your reply. I'm still not connected, and I've now
spoken with Fitbit support and it sounds like they think it's not fixable,
either. If I learn anything more, I'll let you know.

Melanie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried everything, read your post, followed instructions worked perfectly.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So glad I could help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wouldn't sync.  I "forgot" the blue tooth connection but afterwards it would connect but not pair - thus not sync.  Only way I got it to work is delete the iphone fitbit app.  Reloaded the app from the app store.  Then it went through the bluetooth connect and pairing process ok.  This is the second round doing this.  If it fails again it gets the official title as P.O.S.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks it worked for me 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased a fit bit 3 yesterday at Newark airport and tried to sync it. It got so far then stopped the update. Now it will not accept my e mail as someone else has used it🤥

Best Answer
0 Votes
Take it back. These things are junk. I would not tell anyone to buy this garbage. Fitbit needs to take this crap off the market.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I never get a smiley face. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually I had to give up on the Charge 3. A couple of days ago the screen
went black and it is totally unusable. I have tried everything to get it
back but I've spent way too much time messing with this piece of electronic
disaster. Good luck to all you persevering Charge 3 users. I wish I hadn't
given my Charge 2 away.
"Life is a garden, dig it!"

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for that information because it did the trick with my new Charge 3!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes