Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't connect to the app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 3 stopped connecting to the app last week, I disconnected from Bluetooth last week and not been able to reconnect since, I’ve restarted the charge 3 and now done a factory reset, I’ve deleted and reinstalled app restarted my phone countless times and tried connecting to my computer and iPad and basically it doesn’t work anymore, only bought it 6 months ago too 🤬🤬 absolutely furious. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @catherinos.

I am sorry to hear your Charge 3 tracker stopped connecting to the app. Thank you for trying to resolve this and providing the additional details. I totally understand how you are feeling and I am here to help. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned that you already have a case with them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution. I recommend to continue working with them since they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you.  

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, only mine just lost it’s connection today.  Like you, I have gone through all steps to correct.  I also made the mistake of calling customer support. Total waste of time. They can only tell you what you are able to do for yourself to start with. No additional support.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Bmr1963.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your device. I am sorry to hear about your experience with our Support team, thank you for your troubleshooting efforts and feedback. Our team is always working on our products and services, and you comments are always welcome. I would like to confirm if you've tried these steps:

1. On your phone, tap Settings > Bluetooth > the information icon next to the name of your Fitbit device > Forget This Device.
  2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections that are nearby.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Reboot your phone.
  5. Restart your Fitbit with the steps from this help article.
  6. Open the Fitbit app, tap on your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  7. Choose your Fitbit from the list and follow the onscreen instructions. 

For complete troubleshooting instructions, see Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine could not sync either. Stopped syncing several weeks ago. It records the steps, but no messaging or sleep score and my phone cant see the Charge 3. Tried the above steps and now it won't connect, stuck on the "trying to connect" page after you enter the Bluetooth code. Tried 5 times. Reset the watch and phone several times. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Kcouvillon.

I am sorry to hear you're experiencing the same issue with your Charge 3. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and would like to confirm the model and OS version of your phone? Have you tried to use another phone or device to set up your tracker? You can check the supported devices at Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Looking forward to your response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Moto G7, Android 10. Bought it in January and have not had any issues until the Oct 23rd, which was the last successful sync. Could be the latest Fitbit update. I will try another phone to try to connect to. My wife has the same model. She also has issues with her Fitbit Versa 2, but it usually gets fixed with a restart

Best Answer

I too have a Moto G7 and have had syncing issues since Oct. 18 after updating. Contacted support and have rebooted, cleared, closed, deleted, reinstall and restarted way too many times. I'm sitting at the same spot trying to connect but my phone can't find my Charge 3. I'm thinking Fitbit has discontinued supporting our phone. It is not listed on the approved phone list anymore. It would be nice if they would have notified us if this is the case for our issue.

Best Answer

Wow, they do not support any G series. It Is a popular phone. That is annoying. They need to fix this. It obviously worked at one point. 

Best Answer

I thought I had replied last week but do not see that thread  I have done all of the above steps many times.  Thought I’d give it my 50th try 🙄 this morning before I replied and now my tracker is completely blank, no display at all.  It’s almost fully charged.  I feel a vibration when I press the side button but no display.  

Best Answer

This worked for me this time. 

I have had to do this reset process 5-6 times in the past 2 months.  I should not have to keep doing this.

I also have a charge 2 and it hasn't lost it's sync with the app in 3-4 years.

What did you guys do in September which has effected the Charge 3's ability to stay synched?

Best Answer

I'm also experiencing the same problem. How do I resolve it please?

Best Answer

Got mine to pair!!! I went to my phone and removed the device from the app there. Then I downloaded the app on my laptop and synched there. Took a while, but connected. After syncing and shutting down the laptop I went back to my phone and it showed that my watch was already synched. Working so far! Doesn't make sense, but as long as it works! @MaireadR

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has also happened to me, and I am not sure what to do about it.  I have been waiting it out for a while, thinking maybe the app will update and fix itself.  It has not.  What can I do?

I have also tried the suggested information.

Thank you!

Best Answer

Now that Fitbit is officially part of Google, I wonder if they will add back Google Fi phones that used to be supported? Specifically the Moto G7.

Best Answer
0 Votes

WTF !!!

I didn't use my charge 3 for 6 months. (I kept it well charged and totally off)

Now I just want to connect it to have the correct time and i wont work !!!

Won't buy from this brand again and make sure nobody I know ever does.

Best Answer

I don't know if your Charge 3 won't connect because of the phone you have but FitBit has not impressed me as a company.

Best Answer

My charge 3 won’t connect to my phone either. Just the last couple of weeks. Been fine for a year before. What has changed?! It’s really annoying 

Best Answer
Pawabits, if you Charge 3 is still under warranty like mine was, contact Customer Support. I did and they were going to replace it. But since this was my second Charge 3 I did not want another one. They offered me a 50% discount on any other one so I upgraded to Charge 4.

If yours is no longer under warranty then I am not sure what they can do. Mine finally quit working with a 001 error code on front.

Manusamoa
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pawbits @manusamoa Thanks for stopping by! 

@Pawbits I do suggest you try troubleshooting this issue as these could resolve the issue. You can try the following:

1. Go to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there.
  2. Restart your phone and restart your device
  3. Check that no battery saving app/feature on your phone is affecting your Fitbit app.
  4. Also, on an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on. 
  5. You can find troubleshooting instructions here.

@manusamoa thank you for your input here.

I'll be around.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer