Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won’t connect with phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have not worn my charge 3 for a while, but tried to use it again today and it won’t sync with my phone. The app is stuck on “looking” and my Bluetooth does not discover it when searching to connect. I have tried factory resetting it and can only do this through the setting on the watch rather than holding down the button. 

Any ideas? 
TIA

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @Kbrack  which phone operating system are you using?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Kbrack. Thank you for letting us know about the steps you have followed in order to connect your Charge 3 with your phone.

I appreciate your question @Odyssey13.

Please confirm that you've followed the steps of help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? Is your tracker still paired with your account?

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem. It seems after the recent update, Bluetooth on the phone doesn't recognise the app. Lots of complaints on Playstore. 

I have tried everything, nothing works

I'm using a Samsung phone

Moderator edit:  updated post. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Mel-Bel  you need at least Android 8 to get the app downloaded. I have a Samsung phone too.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

im using an iPhone with the most up to date software 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us  @Mel-Bel and @Kbrack. Thank you for your feedback.

Please confirm that you have followed the steps of help article on my previous post. What happens exactly when you try syncing? 

Thank you for your assistance @Odyssey13.

Best Answer
After turning off my phone for 10 minutes it eventually recognised the
Charge 3, but only synced once.
This morning the clock was incorrect and it wouldn’t sync.
Had to do a hard restart of the Charge and turn off my phone and Bluetooth
for 10 minutes again. It is working for now.
I’m getting heartily sick of this, and won’t be buying or recommending
Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Galaxy A12. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for letting us know about your phone model @Mel-Bel.

I understand how frustrating this could be. We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Best Answer

I am unable to get sleeping mode and heart rate when sleeping 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its Samsung Galaxy 8+

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Om2. I'm sorry to hear you're unable to get sleeping mode and heart rate when sleeping and for indicating your mobile's model. 

What do you get on the sleeping tab?

Best Answer