Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't hold a charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Model: Charge 3 Special Edition

Purchased: 12/28/2019

During the night (06/06), the battery on my C3 began draining at a crazy fast speed.  I woke Saturday morning, and realized it had died during the night (was at 60% the last time i had looked).  I charged it for several hours, and took it off the charger, at 100%, around 11am. By 6pm, it was completely dead.  Charged it again, and pulled it off the charger at 10pm.  Within 15 minutes it said it was at 90%.  Have turned off notifications, heart rate, etc.

Over the next day and a half, i drained and charged the battery again, have restarted the C3 multiple times (both long restart, and reboot from settings), have restarted my phone multiple times, have deleted and reloaded the app a couple times, and nothing is working to fix the battery drain issue.   Currently, I can take the C3 off the charger, and restart it, and the battery instantly drains to 89%.  

This battery issue started to happen with my previous Alta band too, at around 6 months. However, i could generally fix it through restarts.  It's very frustrating to spend a chunk of money on these devices to have them fail so quickly.  What other options are there to attempt to fix this issue?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Community, @SaraIdaho.

Thanks for troubleshooting this battery issue. Upon checking with our support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution, just keep an eye on your inbox for further assistance.

In the meantime, let me know if you need anything else.

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

IS there a solution to this? I took my charge 3 off the charger at 8am this morning and it was at 89%, its now 9:51 and its down to 60%, I turned off all notifications to the fitbit as well

Best Answer