Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't hold a charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 3 charges fully as usual, but when disconnected from the power source, it discharges within an hour or two. I have restarted it, but the problem persists. What else can I do, or is my charge 3 dead?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I have the same thing happening with a Charge 2. I have restarted it (while plugged in and charging) and I take it off the charger, see the full battery icon, screen is normal and then goes black 5 minutes later. My phone app says the battery is full, but the Fitbit dies again within 5 minutes of being taken off the charger. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us @Pcp1021 and welcome @GoGirl22. I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 3 and Charge 2 are not holding charge.

Could you please confirm that you have followed advise of help article: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here! Very frustrating. My charge 3 was fine and then in the span of a day it now doesn't hold a charge for more than a few hours. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I spoke to a very helpful customer service person. We were unable to fix
the problem. I have since purchased the new Charge 5.
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @MrsWhitey and thanks for getting back to us @Pcp1021

@MrsWhitey, could you please confirm that you have followed advised troubleshooting steps?

Thanks for letting us know about your experience and I hope that you enjoy your new Charge 5.

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes