Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't receiving WhatsApp notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got a new charge 3 and updated the iOS app to the latest Discovery one.

Messages alert on the Charge 3 as do phonically but WhatsApp msgs do not.  As my family use theses most of the time this is a pain in the neck.  Any ideas as to how I can change this?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Community Forums @Stadders! To set up your WhatsApp notifications again:

1. With your tracker nearby, from the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon > Charge 3 tile.
  2. Tap Notifications. When you're prompted to pair Charge 3, follow the onscreen instructions. After you've connected your tracker, "Charge 3" will appear in the list of Bluetooth devices connected to your phone. Note that call, text, and calendar notifications are turned on automatically.
  3. To turn on notifications from apps installed on your phone, including Fitbit and WhatsApp, tap App Notifications and turn on the specific notifications you want to see.
  4. Tap Notifications > Charge 3 in the top left corner to return to device settings. Sync your tracker to save your changes.

Check step 3, you will find it helpful. For more details on how to set up notifications, see this help article

In case that you don't receive not WhatsApp notifications after following the steps above, I'd recommend taking a look at the help article: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Woman Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the Community Forums @Stadders! To set up your WhatsApp notifications again:

1. With your tracker nearby, from the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon > Charge 3 tile.
  2. Tap Notifications. When you're prompted to pair Charge 3, follow the onscreen instructions. After you've connected your tracker, "Charge 3" will appear in the list of Bluetooth devices connected to your phone. Note that call, text, and calendar notifications are turned on automatically.
  3. To turn on notifications from apps installed on your phone, including Fitbit and WhatsApp, tap App Notifications and turn on the specific notifications you want to see.
  4. Tap Notifications > Charge 3 in the top left corner to return to device settings. Sync your tracker to save your changes.

Check step 3, you will find it helpful. For more details on how to set up notifications, see this help article

In case that you don't receive not WhatsApp notifications after following the steps above, I'd recommend taking a look at the help article: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Woman Very Happy

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Brilliant Thanks!

Jeremy
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using an android phone. My charge 3 used to receive WhatsApp and Facebook messenger notifications but no longer does. I've looked in notifications but I don't have an option of app notifications and don't have an option to turn on WhatsApp or Facebook messenger notifications. I've tried reinstalling the Fitbit app. Any thoughts or help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @RosieB3, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for reinstalling the Fitbit app in order to resolve the issue with notifications not coming through your Charge 3. 

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you found a solution? This issue has been going on since last year when one of the iOS updates was published. One of the reasons I acquired the charge 3 was specifically because I could receive my WhatsApp notifications. Now it’s been months and your only feedback is that you’re looking at the problem. You even released a new version of the Fitbit charge without attending to this problem. When will your customers be able to use back again one of the advertised features of your product?

Best Answer

Hi there,

I have tried to sync my WhatsApp and Fitbit by using all the guidance online but WhatsApp is not an option when I click on App notifications. Please can you explain further how I can make this work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue experienced here with an android device. Obviously Apple users are receiving the premium fitbit service and android users are shoved to the back of the room. Come on people, app notifications are one of the main reasons we buy your products so please try harder to make it actually work 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was able to solve the problem by uninstalling the Fitbit app and un-pairing my Fitbit from my phone’s Bluetooth settings before reinstalling the app and setting up the Fitbit all over again.

Homar Sosa
Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't worry: we're all being treated very poorly by Fitbit! As an iPhone user, I can assure you that Fibit customer service is not giving us any nicer treatment 😉

I followed ALL the instructions from the Fitbit website (multiple times), reset my Charge 3 to factory settings, uninstall WhatApp and reset it (loosing all my messages BTW, to tell you how I was desperate to have it work and reset everything to a clean slate...), uninstall the Fitbit app, forgetting my Fitbit from the bluetooth on my phone, install and pair everything again... NOTHING! I won't get the Whatsapp notifications on my Charge 3.

Fitbit used to be good at fixing issues (it was years ago!), but customer service is getting downhill every day. Is this lack of response just a way to push customers to buy the new Charge 4?

Best Answer