Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't stay connected to phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Although my charge will connect to my phone it doesn’t stay connected for more than a few seconds and then tries to reconnect. Any ideas?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome on board @Pepe29, it's nice to see you around! Smiley Wink

While reading your post I was wondering if the mobile device you're syncing with is included in our list of supported devices? You can see the list at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

If your device is compatible, but the issue persists. In order to solve this, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and remove the tracker. In the list of Bluetooth devices you'll see the Charge 3 and next to it, this symbol "!". Hit the symbol and it will take you to the next step, once you're there select the option that says "Forget this device" or "Unpair".

Once you've made sure about that, go back to the Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device. 

If the issue is not solved after the above steps, please take a look at the help articles: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? or  Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Let me know if the steps help, keep me posted.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to have made any difference. I am not sure if I am expecting too much from it. I am using a compatible app at the moment and it seems to be a little better but still not quite what I was expecting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Pepe29, thanks for coming back and for the update. We’re aware of this ongoing issue and have been working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

However, we have some updated troubleshooting suggestions we'd like for you on Android Pie (9.0) to try. 

First, turn off Background Restrictions/Limitations: Phone settings > Apps & Notifications > Fitbit app > Background restrictions or Background limits.

Then, disable battery limitations:

1. Go to Settings > Apps > Fitbit app > Advanced > Battery > Battery optimization
  2. Change view to All apps
  3. Search for Fitbit app
  4. Choose Not optimized

Please give the steps above a try to improve syncing with your Fitbit device and Android 9.0 OS. We're still researching and testing out long-term solutions to this ongoing syncing issue. We thank you for your patience while we continue to work on this effort.

See you later! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

having the same issue.  re connected it 3 times already today and its only noon ....  this is my second fitbit 3 too, i am so not impressed ....  

Best Answer

Same problem here with Charge 3 failing repeatedly to connect to iPhone SE (original version) with iOS14.2.  The problem seems to have got worse recently.  I used to receive useless weekly reports with no activity because there hadn't been an auto synch, but I used to receive low battery notifications.  Now I'm finding that the Charge 3 runs out of power without any notification on the phone.  And it takes half an hour or more fiddling with settings, forgetting/re-pairing to get it to synch.  Frustrating to the point of useless. 

Best Answer
0 Votes