Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't stop vibrating and flashing up

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So its around 5am and I'm woken up  because my fitbit keeps lighting up and vibrating despite me not moving or touching the screen. Even off my wrist and on the side its constantly waking. This is incredibly frustrating because I've had it less than a week and I'm trying to track my sleep.

• I tried holding the sides down and turned off screen same, didn't work.
  • I turned off notifications in the settings, didnt work.
  • I tried changing the clock face (seen recommend on another forum) didn't work.
  • I have not yet tried restarting as it's the middle of the night and I dont want to wake my partner by moving around.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @JessMcNutt, welcome to the Community Forums. I am sorry to hear that you are going through this situation. Thank you so much for all the steps you've tried so far in order to fix the random vibration on your Charge 3. 

One of the steps missing is the restart, so as soon as you have the time to restart your Charge 3, please follow the steps below:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

If the restart does not work, I suggest to manually reboot your device. From the clock face, swipe to Settings and tap Reboot Device

Give this a go and let me know the outcome. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi there @JessMcNutt, welcome to the Community Forums. I am sorry to hear that you are going through this situation. Thank you so much for all the steps you've tried so far in order to fix the random vibration on your Charge 3. 

One of the steps missing is the restart, so as soon as you have the time to restart your Charge 3, please follow the steps below:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

If the restart does not work, I suggest to manually reboot your device. From the clock face, swipe to Settings and tap Reboot Device

Give this a go and let me know the outcome. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive done everything. Screen unresponsive while flashing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Chrisc706, thanks for getting back. 

I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support Team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account. 

Let me know if you have any questions present.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried every suggestions to reboot my Charge 3 and to stop it from vibrating and flashing. I even tried to get to the settings, however, my Charge 3 won't even let me change screens. 

I tried to see if there was anything that i could do from the APP - but my phone won't connect.

Is there another way to Re-boot this Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the exact same thing! Constantly vibrating and flashing. 

I spoke to an advisor yesterday, we did all the re-set options whilst on the phone....... seemed to work for LESS THAN 24HOURS!!! 

It did track my sleep last night and didn’t wake me, however at 10:00am started vibrating and flashing again to the point where I’ve had to take off my wrist. 

I cant call until Monday now but really disappointed, I used my Fitbit to help me become more active, track my sleep and monitor my heart rate. 

Sounds like there is a mainstream fault with the charge 3. I do not recommend this to anyone. I hope the problem can be fixed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its not possible to restart from the clock face when I can't interrupt it and the charge cable method has not worked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. @Strangerhere Welcome to the community forums. 

@Strangerhere Thank you for the detailed information and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried prior to posting. If restarting your Charge 3 hasn't worked, I recommend contacting our Support Team for further assistance. 

Note that you can get in touch with them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times are longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat. Click here to get connected. Also, make sure to explain the inconvenience and the troubleshooting steps you've attempted, this way they can assist you from there. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes