Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't swipe

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Charge 3 for about three months. The swipe feature no longer works? I can't swipe up or down or to the left. Any thoughts? Thank you. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
93 REPLIES 93

@hbuettner, I wonder if you're in the wrong section of the forum... this discussion is related to Charge 3 Fitbit device that has only 1 haptic button. If you go to the main community page, you can select a relevant device. Have a great day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried all of this to restart my Charge 3 multiple times. Still doesn't work. Have not gotten the smiley face with any of the attempted restarts. It will let me swipe when it's connected to the charger, but stops when I disconnect it. 

Best Answer

I've tried all of this to restart my Charge 3 multiple times. Still doesn't work. Have not gotten the smiley face with any of the attempted restarts. It will let me swipe when it's connected to the charger, but stops when I disconnect it. I've also tried changing the clock face.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Issue: I can't swipe up or down or to the left, but its still synced with your phone app.

Fix: Just change the clock face using the app. After a you see a big tick on the fitbit, swiping action works again, and the charging indicator came back too.

Did it fix yours?

Your friendly IT Tech.

Best Answer

thank you!  I just had the same problem and all is well again!   🙂  Love that smile!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That solved my problem too, thanks👍🏻

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot get mine to show the battery charging icon.  It just vibrates.  I've only had this Fitbit for three weeks.  😞

This seems to be a common problem with the Charger 3.  Disappointing.  If I can't get it to work, what do I do?  Call support?  Do they send a new one?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much do the tip, it worked perfectly. Though I was going to have to buy a new fitbit! Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi ... my Fitbit is working great!!! I took the posted advise to connect it to my computer to recharge and that fixed the problem .. it didn't take long to see the big happy smile on the screen!

thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great solution to my Fit bit 3 not swiping.

Best Answer

If it sycns With the phone use the Fitbit app change to a different clock face, I did this after after my swip stopped working on the default clock face.

Mine was Charing up even tho it didn't show it on the Fitbit screen. 

I have set my clock face to the Fitbit 2 face and it been working great since.

Best Answer

Yesss, I did this too and it worked. Thank you😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, that did the trick! Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit charge 3 doesn't swipe even after I restarted it. The first time I restarted it, it swiped for awhile and then stopped. This time when I restarted it, it still wouldn't swipe! It is only 2 weeks old. Do magnets affect the way they work at all as I have a magnetic clasp on the band?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did that and still not swiping

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit won’t swi and won’t reset when I place it in the charger

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this and it still won’t swipe

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Fit Bit is working again.  Got love the internet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, this helped tremendously!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charger 3 won’t swipe. I’ve reset it according to your instructions, but it continues to be stubborn! What next? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes