Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't sync and losing time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 3 will not sync with my phone and the time is 7 minutes off. I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps in the community with no results. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, I have reset my Fitbit I have turned off my phone I am at a loss

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

how to set time

Best Answer
0 Votes

I, too, am having this issue now and the steps to resolve do not work. I have not tried to uninstall the app because I don't want to lose my data. Can you confirm whether or not the data will be retained if I try that last step?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I think you do lose your data. I however thought I’d just re-install because I didn’t care that much about the lost data but I regret that now because I can’t seem to get into my account….very frustrating!
In the meantime I guess I’ll just have to be satisfied with only the device itself.

Blessings, Marianne

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
I changed over to Charge 4 and all my previous data have been retained.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s great!

Blessings, Marianne

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Obviously, it's been two years since you posted this advice.. but I'm calling Fitbit on its bluff.  There is a serious issue with bluetooth syncing.  I am BLE savvy and tried all of these solutions before reading the advice.  I came here today to find answers, and it's clear to me that FITBIT DOES NOT CARE.  They just want us to buy another.. which will explain why the Charge 4 followed the Charge 3 so quickly.  Unfortunately, the device is worthless without bluetooth pairing.  It's the device.  Admit it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same trouble, time wrong, not syncing with phone and its driving me mad. My charge 3 is only a few months old. I rely on it as a watch, which almost made me very late yesterday for work. Have spoken to fit bit tried everything  the suggested. FED UP NOW!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I struggled for about a week, then gave up. One month later, I charged it up and tried again. This time, it worked and one week later, it’s still synching with iPhone normally.

I think the glitch was either a Bluetooth issue (where I’ve told my phone to “forget this device” and then try to synch again) or a FitBit Software issue which may have been debugged since last month. I don’t know, but cleary now, it’s working as intended.

Hang in there and good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes