Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won’t sync and won’t pair after removing it

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I know there are only like 3 people that have this device right now, but if anyone else that has it can check...is yours syncing ok? Mine last synced 4 hours ago and when trying to force a manual sync it wouldn’t get past “looking.” I tried the usual fixes - turning bluetooth off and on, removing the C3 from the app and my phone and attempting to re-add it, power cycling my phone...nothing works. The user manual says to press the side button for 8 seconds to reset, but all that does is bring up the screen wake/notifications toggle screen. Just issues due to it being new/unreleased, or is it possible it crapped out on me already?!

Current::: Charge 3, Aria /// Retired::: Flex, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Charge 2
Best Answer
731 REPLIES 731

Yes! I have to keep switching wrists and I thought it was just me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have spent 5 hours tring to set the charge 3 up on my android. It has major blue tooth issues connecting to my phone and i am still not connected. Ian very disappointed with this device

Best Answer

Here's my problem:

Syncing is VERY spotty. Sometimes it works, but most of the times it will look for my FBC3, and keeps on loading. No syncing. What will happen is that WhatsApp messages are send to my FBC3. After a long time of syncing, it will not say it's finished, but it has updated steps, but only for today, not the day before. 

So it is syncing, only it's doing it as if the connection is very bad.

Did the 8 second trick, restart BT, restart app, turned on continues syncing, always connected, but it still does not connect good.

Very frustating!

Best Answer

Please refer to replay below. As I type this solution has worked for me for a week now.

Hey all,

had the same problem, i.e. failure to sync.

1. Unpaired bluetooth. Could not re-pair.

2  Reset the Charge3 as described without joy.

3. Used the Fitbit app on my Android phone to set-up new device. App asked whether to replace existing Charge3 which I accepted. Fitbit went through its motion, asked for pairing digits to be confirmed. Shortly after it was setup and started sync without a problem. Did not notice any data loss either.

Hope that helps y'all

Charge 3, Nexus 5, Android
Charge 3, Nexus 5, Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @JsprBs@Peig11@SassyR, and @Tandyman! While reading your post, my first thought is that your Charge 3 might be no longer paired to your Fitbit account and that's why it's not syncing or connecting to your phone's Bluetooth. In order to solve this, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and remove the tracker. In the list of Bluetooth devices you'll see the Charge 3 and next to it, this symbol "!". Hit the symbol and it will take you to the next step, once you're there select the option that says "Forget this device" for iOS and "Unpair" for Android.

Once you've made sure about that, go back to the Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device. Smiley Very Happy 

Thanks for sharing what worked for you my friend @GuidoGo

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Used my Charge 3 for a week - had so many problems with it - back in the post this morning for a refund. Gone back to my trusted Charge HR. Will have to go back to remembering how many lengths in the pool I’ve done. Annoyed and disappointed 

Best Answer
Oh my God! Major update coming!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve just updated mine. Now I have running, cycling and four screens of Pilates and nothing else to choose! No swimming! So annoying g!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

After facing same problem my charge 3 wont reconect to iphone again.

it will work normly if i go to create new account which it is avoding solving the problem not solving it

fainaly i go throw these steps and now work great 

- press on account icon top right 

- press on set Up a Device

- make sure that your change 3 is connect to charge cable

- it will recognize the new divice then put the 4 digit cade and you are done 

good luck every one 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesterday morning, I updated my charge 3 with the new software updated. Then in the middle of the day, my charge 3 randomly shuts off and gives me the 😞 face. It had half a battery, so there's no reason for it to shut off. I plug it back in when I get to my desk, it takes about 20 min to reboot, and ever since then, it won't connect or sync to my iphone. I've tried EVERYTHING: resetting, turning my bluetooth off and on, turning the charge off and on, resetting the charge, deleting the app and redownloading, doing a clear all user data reset...nothing. I am fed up with this device and super frustrated that it hasn't working for almost an entire day. 

Best Answer

Having similar issue since updating the firmware on Tuesday. Restarting Charge 3 worked before the update and it runs fine for over a week. But the past two days are just driving me crazy. All kinds of different problems occurred one after another. I waited for several months after my Charge HR died. Now this is what I get 😞

Best Answer

Hi, I am having the very same issue that you are having - purchased from QVC received it on Tuesday this week and have still not been able to pair it to my Samsung Galaxy S6 Mobile phone.  I have done everything - deleted the device from my Fitbit Account and then added back in but nothing.  I have the Charge 2 and there were absolutely no issues with setting that one up but thought I would upgrade.  Think this will be going back.  Looks like I am not the only one - such as shame.

Best Answer

I exhausted the methods. I have a google Pixel. After removed the Charge 3 from the App because it hasn't been syncing for two days and I tried all other tricks, I can't get it paired anymore. tried both on the phone and on my laptop. I can't not even return it cause it's a gift. So frustrating. Now it's useless!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem! I finally got to a stage where steps are synced, but not heart rate and sleep. Very frustrating when this happens after an update! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After the update on Tuesday, pretty much everything that was working doesn't work anymore. Went through all the posts, eventually I removed the device from the app. Now I CAN NOT even pair the device with the app. I managed to get the phone to find the device by doing the set up and restarting the device simultaneous (yeah! how hard we users have to spend hours and hours to come up new tricks!). However, after I typed in the four digits into the app, it could never connect. I have been trying for the past two days. This is beyond frustrating! Now my fitbit can't even tell me the time. Completely useless!

Also, if I can't not pair my device with my app, supposedly Fitbit comes up the next update to fix the issue, how can I even update my device's firmware???

Best Answer

Isn’t this ridiculous?! I was on the phone with Fitbit for a good 2 hours and they’re finally sending me a new one and I’m praying that update isn’t on it, I’ll die if I have to go through this again. And if I do, it will be the last time I buy Fitbit products. This is ridiculous 

Best Answer

@MarreFitbit Any new suggestions on how to get my Charge 3 re-pair with my android phone? It has been several days. I've tried everything I could find as I mentioned to my previous post. If there's no update on how to solve this, I'll need to return my Charge 3 before the warranty expired.

Best Answer

Hey there @Fizz780@Chickpea65@dibashley, and @Jwu9I have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding your inquiry. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps. 

I'm glad to hear that you're back on track @HamadAlblooshi after following the steps you've shared. Smiley Very Happy

I was about to create a support case on your behalf, but I saw that you've been in touch with our team already @sofre. Please always keep an eye on your inbox for next steps or updates on your case. 

If there's anything else I may assist you with, let me know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem, my C3 only syncs once a day after several reboots and trying to pair it with my android (Galaxy S8).

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only thing that has worked for me is re-doing the set-up on the C3. It will be interesting to see how long the all day syncing will work now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes