Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't sync, black line on screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ive had a Charge 3 for 18 months. Recently it's stopped synching. I've rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled, updated phone (Huawei). Fit bit says it's taking time to sync, but I've waited for over an hour and it's not happening. I also have a black line that hoes from left to tight on the screen

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

This just happened to me too, did my research and tried the reset & the 15second resolution reset, neither had worked, also try to change the clock face. Please help!!

------------------------------

* i can sync my device, it has 3 black and white lines and faded screen.

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, welcome to the Community forums @Kazzles @DJ-S84

Thank for all the information you've provided about your Charge 3 devices and the troubleshooting steps that you already tried. 

@Kazzles, in addition to the standard restart procedure, could you please confirm if you already tried the long restart as described here below?  

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again. 

@DJ-S84, I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon. Keep an eye on your inbox. 

Let me know about the outcome. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. Tried that, still no success 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same problem. My fitbit charge 3 has not synced since Sunday the 6th of December and the display has black lines running through it. I've also tried the long reset as described in this post. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thank you for your replies and confirming that you already tried all the suggested troubleshooting steps. 

@Kazzles, I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon.

@cha97shelley, I've sent your information to the Support team as well, but was informed that you already have a case created or that you already got in touch with them. 

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having an issue too that just started. My fitbit charge 2  display has black lines running through it. I've also tried the long reset as described in this post. please help..

Best Answer
0 Votes

They've contacted me, asked to do long reboot. Fitbit now won't do that. I also disconnected Bluetooth from phone and now my phone can't find fitbit to reconnect. It's been over 2 weeks now and still no resolution 

Best Answer
0 Votes