Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't sync or connect to bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, for a while now my Charge 3 hasn't been showing notifications from my iPhone 7.  Awkward but I could live with it.  Also hadn't been the best with maintaining connection with the phone while the phone was locked.  So any exercise activity would work for 10s and then lose connection - so speed and distance wouldn't work.

So after a run on Thursday I decided to try and address this.  Tried a short restart, no change. Then the fitbit went crazy - continuous buzzing, flicking between screens, then moving to blank screen and buzzing when button pressed.  Left it overnight and then tried charging again.  Appeared to restart fine.  Tried disconnecting the bluetooth on the phone, but then it wouldn't sync after.  Tried removing the Charge from the Fitbit app and setting up a new device. Click Set Up > read instruction and click 'I Agree' > connect to charger.  It searches for the Charge 3, says it's connect and asks for the number to Pair it.  Says its found but then 'There was a problem communicating with your tracker. Please try again'.  tried the 'Not Working?' button but as it's charging, and no other trackers nearby, I can only turn bluetooth off and on again - and I've tried that.

So - any other hints?  A internal issue with the Charge 3?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@MuzzaWood Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here!

Let me help you with your Charge 3 not pairing with your phone and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. I suggest you clear the link between your phone and your tracker by doing the following:

1. Go to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there.
  2. Restart your phone and restart your device
  3. Check that no battery saving app/feature on your phone is affecting your Fitbit app.
  4. You can find troubleshooting instructions here.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Hi, I’ve done the above and no change to the issue. 

BCA388AF-2834-42A4-AEFE-4C7FE37435CC.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MuzzaWood thank you for the update.

Since the issue persists I have created a ticket so our Support team can further assist you via email.

Keep me posted.

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also lost blue tooth connection on my Charge 3 and after following directions on my FITBIT on my iPad, I now have no steps listed 🥴

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Goalminded Thanks for stopping by!

Let me help you with this and thank you for following our previous suggestions. Since the issue persists I have created a ticket so our Support team can further assist you via email.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes