Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won’t track sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The past 3 days my Charge 3 has not tracked my sleep. It’s worked perfectly for weeks and now all of a sudden it’s stopped tracking my sleep, I haven't changed it in anyway, anyone able to help?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

It's great to see new faces @ZoeyC1992, welcome!

If your tracker isn't registering your sleep, I recommend trying the following:

1. Manually sync the tracker. See instructions in How do Fitbit devices sync their data?
  2. Restart the tracker. See instructions in How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  3. Try sleeping with the tracker on your non-dominant hand.
  4. If steps 1-3 don't work, I suggest manually logging your sleep to reflect the time slept. See instructions in How do I change my sleep history?

Let me know the outcome. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. It’s not my heart rate. It just isn’t tracking any kind of sleep at all. It’s like that part of the program isn’t working. I’ve done all the things listen but still doesn’t work. Any ideas? Thanks 

Best Answer

Hey @Rache03117, good to see you around.

Thanks for troubleshooting this sleep issue by yourself. Since the instructions provided didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

In the meantime, let me know if you need anything else. 🙂

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi. I’m having the same problem. My charge 3 is not monitoring my sleep. I have done the recommended steps but is still not working. Can you help? 

thanks  

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums, @Charlenneo.

Thanks for troubleshooting this sleep issue. Can you please check my previous post and confirm that those steps are the ones that you have followed?.

I hope to hear from you soon. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my daughter a Fitbit charge 3 for Christmas. It has not tracked any sleep from the start. We tried those 3 steps and it still does not work?

Best Answer

It's great to see new faces @Michele97, welcome.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this sleep issue. Since the steps provided didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

In the meantime, let me know if you need anything else. 😉

Best Answer

Hello, same issue, but in addition HR doesn't track.  When I restart the device it works for a day then stops working again. Charge 2 worked fine for several years, including on my current phone.

Best Answer

Same problem here ever since getting Charge 3 almost a year ago. In a year it has recorded maybe ten nights. When it does record it says I slept about an hour and doesn't record any sleep cycle. I've done each of the steps indicated for this post but to no avail.

Best Answer

Mine has always tracked my sleep well with heart rate and oxygen saturation too. But for the last two nights it is not giving me a sleep score saying it couldn't track my heart rate. However, when I look at my heart rate in the app it has data throughout the night. 

Best Answer

On the Charge 3 go to Settings>About>Reboot Device. Also restart your mobile device (do not just put the mobile to sleep, needs to be restarted).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is the same my daughter gave me a charge 3 for Christmas and sleep will not log or let me add to my list. I’ve reset it twice thinking that was the problem but it still doesn’t work. Can someone help me too please 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing is suddenly happening to me! My sleep history is fine, and there isn't even anything on my dashboard related to sleep. When I went to Discovery and tried to add it,  it won't let me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've found I'm having to reboot my fitbit and phone once a week and then
this stops happening
Best Answer

That sounds like a really bad product for the new decade we're in.

I haven't worn my fitbit for two months because I feel it's just not worth with the inaccuracy of the thing 😕

Best Answer

I've tried this, did not do anything. 😞

Best Answer

My Charge 2 tracked my sleep beautifully, and gave all the stages. When I upgraded to the Charge 3, everything went downhill. The introduction of a SleepScore means nothing to me, and my device almost never tracks my sleep - sometimes it will track an hour or two, with huge gaps, and when I try to edit the log, it doesn't give me detailed reports like it used to. Such a bummer. Why take a functional aspect and ruin it?

Best Answer

Weirdly enough guys I switched my Fitbit to sensitive and I slept with it on sensitive for a night (which was worse it didn’t catch any sleep at all) but then I changed it back to normal and then that night it started tracking my sleep normally again. Idk if switching it sort of reset it? But it works again. It still didn’t work correctly (didn’t show the whole night of sleep) after I updated it, which I tried -before- changing it to sensitive and back. But switching to sensitive and back to normal seemed to make it work. To do this you go to advanced settings in the Fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Purchase my Fitbit just before Christmas. having the same problem as othere's on here not logging sleep and oxygen levels. have tried all the suggestions to restart the tracker with no result. Have noticed the red LEDs don't lite up.

Best Answer
0 Votes