Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having issues with my Fitbit Charge, the screen won’t come on but there is a flashy green light and I tried to charge and the screen still won’t come on. Why is this happening? I haven’t even had this watch for a month, can you anyone assist?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @Kluck30 and @Jami-Van, welcome to the Community!

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this display issue by yourselves. If your trackers won't turn on, 

I recommend restarting the trackers. If the restart process doesn't work, perform a long restart:

• Plug the device into the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • Remove your finger from button. Note: Device won't have a smiley face icon and should be off with a black screen.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable.
  • Plug the device into the charging cable again.
  • The smiley face icon appears on the screen.

If these steps don't work, change your clock faces by following the instructions provide in the help article How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?.

Keep me posted. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
712 REPLIES 712

A warm welcome to the Community @Lizzie1082.

Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself. I would like to know if you have tried to restart your tracker? If you haven't, I recommend restarting it by doing the following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker:
    • Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Let me know how it goes. Smiley Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Thanks, Alexandra! I had the same trouble today (11/4/18) and your advice got it going again. Kate

Best Answer

I’ve tried this solution with my Fitbit and nothing happens on the screen. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer

Thank you for welcoming me so i did all of that but i can’t restart my Fitbit charge i tired and and held down the side and nothing so I’m not sure if I’m doing it correctly 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Bshields1 and @katecone@Lizzie1082 thanks for the update.

@katecone I am glad to hear that the instructions provided worked and that your tracker is now working properly. If you need anything else, do not hesitate to post it.

@Bshields1 and @Lizzie1082, since the restart process didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your cases to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Catch you later. Robot Happy

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. It vibrates when plugged in, but nothing on the screen. I'll try the press and hold for 8 secs option and get back if doesn't work.

Best Answer

Thank you for this message I was having the same issue and your advice helped me get it going again. I also didn’t get the battery icon when I plugged it in. BUt, I tried pressing the button anyway until I saw a smiley face pop up on my screen. 

Best Answer

I’ve tried all the suggestions and my two week old Charge three won’t turn on and doesn’t appear to want to charge. Please help

Best Answer

Worked perfectly.  Never had to do it with my Charge 2

Best Answer

I tried the 8 second tip, got the smiley face, but my Fitbit Charge 3 won’t come on.  The app says there is an update available so I tried that, but nothing happened.  I’ve only had it a week and it worked fine but abruptly stopped.  The app says it is fully charged.

Best Answer

Had the same problem the solution you offered worked, thanks!

Moderator edit: all caps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys, I hope you are doing great.

Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourselves. I am glad to see here that for some of you this issue has been resolved. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Now for the ones that keep having problems, please confirm you are restarting your units, by doing the following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker:
    • Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Hope to hear from you soon. Robot Happy

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing. I tried what you said and it just vibrates no happy face and it doesn't come back on.

Best Answer

Hey there @Mizdit, thanks for stopping by and for following the tips and recommendations provided! If the restart didn't resolve the issue, perform a long restart by following these steps:

• Plug the device into the charging cable. 
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  • Remove your finger from button. Note: Device won't have a smiley face icon and should be off with a black screen.
  • Plug the device into the charging cable again. 

Let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

It worked thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I reset it, got a smiley face, but it only shows the clock face. No other screens are accessible. Help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Whatever happened?  

I am now at the same "waiting for an email stage" curious to know what to expect 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is what worked for me. I haven't had a problem since

• Plug the device into the charging cable. 
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  • Remove your finger from button. Note: Device won't have a smiley face icon and should be off with a black screen.
  • Plug the device into the charging cable again. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Vibrates when held down , but I get nothing else .

Best Answer