Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won’t turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 3 got it last night was working fine all day and I looked down at my wrist it was black so I figured it was just dead ...plug it in and it won’t vibrate turn on or show me any sign that it’s charging ?!

Best Answer
199 REPLIES 199

This happened a few times with me... open the app and change watchfaces, change back. Sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I've tried plugging it into computer and holding side button for 10secs. I get smiley face but then nothing. Extremely disappointing .

Trish 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wife’s charge 3 won’t turn on tried all stuff from community forums still no good second one we’ve had !!! Not happy 

Best Answer

Fit bit charge 3 will not turn off after reset. I see the smile face but screen goes black after the smile face. The app says it is fully charged but I can’t update the tracker or change the clock face cause it says I’m not connected to the tracker......please help!

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

Hey Aron. Your charge3 is dead. My replacement died after a few months. You can phone Fitbit support and they will send you a replacement or you can switch to different model for half price, (inside warranty) If you have the funds for alternative model or brand, do that (keep the old straps if you go for another C3) Fitbit number for UK is 0800 069 8505. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The charge3 is not durable at all. It's supposed to be water resistant too, haha. I had the charge2 and loved it. A bit bulky but boasts remote control for audio files. Its old now but good if you can find one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, even tried the approach suggested in the best answer. However it still does not work. The screen is still black. Please help. thanks!

Best Answer

I have followed the tips I’ve found online.  I have restarted multiple times each day.  Later, I tap it again and it’s blank.  I have made sure that the constant sync mode is off, I have turned off all notifications.  There is no reason why it should be “draining” quickly,    A few days ago it was working fine, as it has been since I got it.  But no more.  What is up?  What has changed all of a sudden?  (I did change 3 time zones, which I thought maybe messed with it but I’ve since restarted it, and restarted it, and restarted it. It looks like it’s working fine when it first comes on but then a bit later, black screen again!

help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit won’t turn on at all. I’ve tried Three different chargers, and three different outlets. I know it’s completely off because the the app says can’t find Versa. Not sure what else to do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having issues with my fitbit all day. It has now turned black and won't turn on or resset

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit charge 3 won’t turn on and all I am getting is a blank screen. i have tried to reset but doesn’t seem to work 

please can someone help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. I've tried all the troubleshooting tips but it still won't turn on. Would you kindly please assist. 

Thank you in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up sending mine in under warranty replacement. Occasionally this one does the same.  I put it on the charger turn it off and on... good for weeks...Thank you,DeanSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried holding until the smile but I am still getting a black screen. If I press the button it comes up yellow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Selma:  my FitBit Charge 3 is simply dead.  I've had for less than 2 years.  I've tried all the tips and instructions that appear on this site to no avail.  Any ideas?

Thank you and kind regards,

RCDT

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RCDT Welcome to the Community. 

Sorry to hear that your Charge 3 isn't working as it should and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. I noticed that you already have a ticket with our Support team so keep working with them to find a solution.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 3 is dead

How can I revive? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This did not work for me

I have a blank screen and the Charge3 won’t restart (Yes, it’s connected to the charger)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why do I get "access denied" when I try to see your post that *might* be able to solve my problem!?

Didn't work.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @chuck_sensei. Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience. Here's the link for the post that contains troubleshooting steps. If you've followed those tips and the inconvenience persists, my best recommendation is that you please contact our Support Team for further assistance. 

Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times have been longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat. Click here to get connected. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer