Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won’t turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 3 got it last night was working fine all day and I looked down at my wrist it was black so I figured it was just dead ...plug it in and it won’t vibrate turn on or show me any sign that it’s charging ?!

Best Answer
199 REPLIES 199

Can you tell me, What do I need to do, or who do I need to speak to please? 

Its driving me mad. Thanks in advance 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted Fitbit support

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Return it to place of purchase for an exchange. Otherwise send it to
Fitbit.
Fast would not be a word to use to describe turnaround, but they seem to be
responsive. Hope this helps.
Best Answer

Received a replacement Fitbit  charge 3 from Fitbit maybe a month ago for a water damage issue. When I open the box I could see signs of wear so I assumed I received a refurbished one, which I wasn’t too stoked on but now I’m having issues with it not turning on after it went black due to what it said was a dead battery but I then charged it and after charging overnight it said 91% charged. Later that day no more that 5 hours later it turned completely of citing an “empty battery” again!! Plugged it in all night last night and came back to it still off but hot

Best Answer
0 Votes
I read your post I had a similar problem with turning off and ended up doing an exchange. If Fitbit just sent you a replacement that is not working correctly they will most likely exchange it again if you call and inform them of the replacement watch shipping to you with signs of wear and malfunctioning.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, that’s exactly what I ended up doing, Sad I’m losing a week of
tracking though
Best Answer

Glad to hear your Fitbit was replaced.  Missed time is a bummer but on the upside that lost of week of tracking is behind you now, full speed ahead!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi good day, The screen of my charge 3 just stays black even when it's plugged in. Tried to reset but it wont even vibrate. Tried to leave it plugged in for an hour so see if it might turn back on and all that happened was it got hot. There is no indication that it's charging at all, so I cannot reset it. Help pls. Tnx

Best Answer
0 Votes

My daughter bought me Fitbit inspire came today and have spent 2 hours trying to turn on 

get to smiley face and just goes off 

Can’t connect to Bluetooth till I turn it on 

please help 

it’s ove 80% charged now 

winnie

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened after the April firmware update. Fitbit has really dropped a huge ball causing mass bricking of peoples Charge 3 device... They should issue an official statement accepting responsibility and refund/replace straight away everyone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After 3 attempts to get it sorted via live chat, I Finally had an email response from Fitbit direct. And after trying all troubleshooting tips, They are sending me a replacement tracker as it’s still under warranty. 

Contact them via the live chat is my best suggestion

Best Answer
0 Votes

Several problems .

All started when time was off by several hours. 

Tried to update to new software and sync but kept getting bluetooth error connection messages. Turned bluetooth on and off. Several times. 

Battery is fully charged.

Uninstalled and reinstalled Fitbit app. Several times.

Unpaired the device. 

Uninstalled the device from the app.

Now

1.Screen completely black , no lights, no vibrations.  Tried long reset  nothing.

2. Since screen is dead cant pair devices, keep getting message to make sure it's on,  but it will not turn on

3.cant change clock face, because there is no device found.

Cant do much else if it wont turn on

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact Fitbit via the live chat. You’ve definitely tried everything. They should replace the tracker 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife has purchased a Charge 3 won’t charge and a blank screen. My Charge 3 works fine.

David

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine would either. I tried everything. I called fitbit and they ended up
sending me a free replacement. I would suggest calling them. Good luck.
Best Answer
Thanks, will do.
David

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello- I am having the same issue of my Fitbit not charging. Can you please help. I have only had it for a few months 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If only a few months old go back to where you brought it from and they’ll have to replace it under warranty of the store you purchased it from. If it’s a replacement from Fitbit direct, if contact them via live chat and explain its issues, they’ll send a refurbished tracker. Unfortunately it took me 3 attempts and 3 replacements to get one that didn’t have issues. All the troubleshooting on here doesn’t always work, contact them direct they’ll instruct you what to do 

Best Answer

My Fitbit charge 3 has been difficult to charge since purchased. It currently will not charge and the battery is dead. I cannot update anything in the app or change the clock face because the device is dead and won’t charge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Call customer service. They may end up sending you a replacement. They
did for me since mine was less than 6 months old
Best Answer
0 Votes