Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having issues with my Fitbit Charge, the screen won’t come on but there is a flashy green light and I tried to charge and the screen still won’t come on. Why is this happening? I haven’t even had this watch for a month, can you anyone assist?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
712 REPLIES 712

I've been dealing with a family crisis and working a lot of hours, & I've been trying to get this darn thing to work for 2 weeks. It is so frustrating. My son is in the Marine's and he keeps checking to see my progress and he walked me thru the steps and it's doing absolutely nothing. I am very disappointed that all these other people have had problems & it looks like I am just another person to add to this list. 

I will try this directions one more time, & will let everyone know how I made out.

Grrrrr…..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this and nothing happened. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit need to address this publicly - clearly there is a major fault with the device. I've also tried resetting etc (smiley face shows then nothing). They should issue full refund/replacement to everyone. I live in Argentina and bought the device while travelling in Europe - how the hell am I supposed to get a replacement?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BorisBonson 

With the same painful, long, unprofessional process i faced, my friend.

I'm in NZ, bought directly from them.

My full refund was approved almost two months ago (BTW, you won't get any money, rather a pre-paid Visa).

I sent the item back immediately, they received in ONE day, and I'm still waiting for my refund to be issued.

Wrote multiple time, got lot of excuses, but reality is I still don't get a dime.

We'd go on the Social, rather than waste our time here 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Incredible behaviour... They have pretty much destroyed everyones unit with their own firmware update. I'm hopefully travelling to the USA which might assist in getting replacement or refund... After I tried all the reset ideas and it still bricked they haven't responded to me again.. I will not stop until the issue is resolved and I suggest everyone keep voicing their opinions publicly so fitbit takes responsibility and deals with the issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

These instructions do not work.  I would like to return the device.  I refuse to be a beta tester for fitbit.  I want a device that works as advertised.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

We had 2 charge 3's bricked by a firmware update.

Last time we buy from fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We would all like the same - we would also like they take some responsibility for this and make a statement with actions/replacement/full refund. So far I have been waiting a week and no response from Fitbit..

Best Answer
0 Votes
Call customer service....they can help you on the phone or through email...
Best Answer
0 Votes
I called customer support yesterday. They tried to resolve the issue and
issued an exchange.
Best Answer
0 Votes

...and if you're lucky like me, the new one will break even faster. My first one broke after a month, the second in just two weeks.

I purchased the first early January, and they issued a full reimbursement just a few days ago!!!

BTW, they WON'T refund your credit card (too easy and too logic). Rather a ridiculous different way, but I don't want to spoil the surprise.

This just to explain the high level of efficiency of this brand.

Obviously, the latest world ranking sees them BEHIND Apple and not one, but two Chinese companies. 

After 6 years, I'm happily out of this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also tried all the suggestions and still have nothing, no vibrating, no smiley face, just black screen... very frustrating as this was only 6 months old! Any other ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Alejandra,

I followed your instructions to reboot my Charge 3.. ( several times, waiting between)  the screen came on for about 2 seconds and went black again.   It has a full charge, so I know it's not a low battery. But nothing seems to work.  I am so frustrated!  I am about to trash it !!😡😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it within 1 year warranty? If so demand a refund or replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
They are replacing it. Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to talk to a nice lady named Helen.  We tried several things.. it never worked.  They are replacing with a new one !!! Awesome !! Totally happy with Customer Service and Fitbit for taking care of me !! :glowing_star::glowing_star::glowing_star::glowing_star::glowing_star:. ( 5 stars ) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having issues with my fitbit charge 3. I have followed the instructions on a few other posts and my fitbit is still not working. I charged it for almost 24 hours and I was able to get the smiley only once but now it will not do anything at all. I followed the following instructions: "I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this display issue by yourselves. If your trackers won't turn on, I recommend restarting the trackers. If the restart process doesn't work, perform a long restart: Plug the device into the charging cable. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds. Remove your finger from button. Note: Device won't have a smiley face icon and should be off with a black screen. Remove the device from the charging cable. Plug the device into the charging cable again. The smiley face icon appears on the screen". But it is still not working. Help, please!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Call help and have them exchange it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
They have taken care of it !!👍👍:glowing_star::glowing_star::glowing_star::glowing_star::glowing_star:

Lynn Parker
Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit customer service was awesome ! I’m getting a new Fitbit!!
:star:️:star:️:star:️:star:️:star:️

Sent from my iPhone: Lynn Parker
Best Answer
0 Votes