Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having issues with my Fitbit Charge, the screen won’t come on but there is a flashy green light and I tried to charge and the screen still won’t come on. Why is this happening? I haven’t even had this watch for a month, can you anyone assist?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
712 REPLIES 712

Music to my ears! Heart I'm so happy to hear that you both are back on track after following the tips and recommendations provided along this thread @backoffimmedita and @AngieLou

Please don't hesitate to ping me out if there's anything else I may do for you. I'm always around! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! I have tried to re-start my fitbit charge 3 with both methods both none worked. What eso can I do?

I bought it 4 months ago and suddenly it stop working today. 😞

thanks,

Kathy

Best Answer

I have tried recharging my Charge 3 I received for Christmas, it vibrates when connected, but I cannot get the screen to show the battery. Please help,

Best Answer

Hey @Kluck30 and @Jami-Van, welcome to the Community!

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this display issue by yourselves. If your trackers won't turn on, 

I recommend restarting the trackers. If the restart process doesn't work, perform a long restart:

• Plug the device into the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • Remove your finger from button. Note: Device won't have a smiley face icon and should be off with a black screen.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable.
  • Plug the device into the charging cable again.
  • The smiley face icon appears on the screen.

If these steps don't work, change your clock faces by following the instructions provide in the help article How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?.

Keep me posted. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hi Alejandra,
I tried restarting the tracker and none worked (short and long).
I tried to change the clock face but I got this message: Unable to connect
to charge 3.
My watch is not responding at all. What can I do?
Thanks,
Kathy

Best Answer

Thanks for the information @Kluck30. Upon checking with our support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution.

Let me know if you need anything else. Robot Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with my 4 day old charge 3 it stopped working abruptly.  I've read through the forum and done all of the suggestions. on my way to take it back to the store now so upset! 

Best Answer

Welcome on board @Preston27, it's nice to see you around here! Thanks for already troubleshooting this inconvenience with your Charge 3. Nice way to go! 

If the restart did not work, in case your tracker is still syncing or vibration I'd recommend to change your clock faces by following the instructions provide in the help article How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?.

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally gave up on my Charge 3.  Worked with tech support on the long reboot but nothing has worked.  I just ordered another one.  Fingers crossed

Diane

Best Answer

Your instructions worked well back up and running thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back and for sharing the outcome @Dhill1232If you’re replacing one device with another of the same model, you’ll be asked to confirm the replacement. 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

Welcome here @Jimcal49! I'm very happy to hear that the steps provided worked for you! Smiley Very Happy Don't hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! My screen stopped turning on about 45 minutes ago and your advice worked perfectly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @Sharebear74! We're glad to hear that you're back on track after following the tips and recommendations provided here! Robot Very Happy

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit charge three screen won’t turn on. I have tried all of the reset options and nothing works. When I plug it into the charger it does not vibrate. The green light on the bottom is still flashing.  It does not sync with my phone  Help? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a similar problem. I think I actually “overcharged” my FirBit Charge 3. But here’s what I did...the green light was flashing and screen black. I searched for a reset button, I plugged and unplugged. Finally I just held down the closest thing to a button I could find (the back/home type button on left side).  I held it down simultaneously keeping it on charge (plugged in). I didn’t see anything after about 10-15 seconds so I stopped then gave it another try but this time I did not stop pressing then maybe 20-30 seconds I saw action on the screen.....then within a few more seconds, I saw the smiling face then I unplugged charger then released button and my Fitbit is back to normal 

Best Answer

I just had this issue start a few hours ago. I noticed my display seemed frozen (was showing the wrong time, steps, etc on the watch and I couldn't select anything on the screen, but it was syncing with the app just fine). I tried to restart it. It turned off and won't come back on. I've tried both the short and long restart and changing the clock face and my display still won't turn on. 

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem, I’ve tried the instructions and got to the smiley face — then, smiley face stays on for a few seconds - smiley face goes off and nothing on the screen. It vibrates and that’s all it does.

I’ve only got this since December 2018 so pretty disappointing to experience ethos on a 2 month old device.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. It vibrates when plugged in, but nothing on the screen. The reset with the press and hold for 8 secs doesn't work.

Worse, when plugged it becomes hot in a few minutes!

Additional info, it is no longer recognised by the Fitbit app

Best Answer

Thank you so much for this helpful information! I have been having the same problem with my new Fitbit charge 3 also. Your suggestion fixed the problem. Thank you again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello guys, I hope you are doing fine!

I am sorry for the delay in respond and appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this display issue by yourselves.

@Nimmer09@taituara and @Boothgeek, if your trackers aren't turning on, I suggest taking a look at this post and verify that you have already tried those steps.

@AngieLou and @Melissadhelms, those are great news, I am glad to hear that your trackers are now working properly. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

@Fromtheashes86, upon checking with our support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I recommend keeping an eye on your inbox for further instructions to follow, I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution.

See you around. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes