Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit screen refuse to show anything, but app is working fine. How can I possible fix this?

Thanks

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
86 REPLIES 86

Welcome to the Forums, @evansigho.

If your tracker isn't turning on, I recommend restarting it by following the steps in the help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?.

If this procedure doesn't work, perform a long restart:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

And if these steps don't make any difference, try changing your clock face by following the instructions provided in the help article: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?.

Let me know the outcome. 🙂

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Thank u for ur comments...I had completed all these solutions, but still blank screen, but was obvs still working as app was updating & watch was vibrating just couldn’t see anything.  Been in touch with customer services & replacement was received today & all good now 👍🏼😀

Best Answer

Thanks for the swift response,  but my  tracker is actually turned on, as the lights on the sensors are blinking but the screen is totally blank. Nothing showing at all.

Best Answer

Please, How do I directly contact the customer service , 

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer

I have tried all of the above processes, still just a blank screen.

I need to contact customer support in Australia 

Best Answer

Hi there, to contact customer service.. hit ur icon picture then scroll down to help.. scroll down there ya a live says contact customer support...good luck!

Best Answer

Fitbit Charge 3 is being replaced. 

Thanks Fitbit for your excellent customer service and outstanding warranty claims.

This is why my entire family uses Fitbit.........

Cheers 

Best Answer

Did not work.  Tried it several times  on various ports, just so I could be absolutely sure.  No screen, plenty heat persists

Best Answer

Please see my reply above.. I ended up getting replacement via customer services. Good luck 😀

Best Answer

I’ve followed all those steps. Now liaising with customer support

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried what was suggested. It vibrates but still screen showing Nothing. I’ve replied back to customer service and hopefully hear a response soon because I’m only under warranty for 6 more days!! 

Best Answer

I have tried the same methods listed above and have no response from the Fitbit.

Best Answer

One success story to 10 that got the old support will contact you. Is this an automated system? I can't believe how many complaints there about this. Well hopefully the robotic reponse team works better than your product. Maybe Giogle can shake things up. Now the watch appears to be completely dead after following the solutiom provided. Let's see it worked for almost 3 months. At $180 that would literally mean I leased it at $60/month. Value right there. I will take some solace in the fact that I have a lot of communication with active individuals (athletes) through gyms-competition and my websites so Fitbit will be getting some rave reviews - be sure of that.(sarcasm)  I will throw this piece of crap in the junk drawer because I can't bring myself to throwing it out just yet. Maybe a Crossfit sledge in the future....venting seems to help when you get screwed oyt of hard $$

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi did you come right? My Fitbit still off "dead" tried it all now and still not working... Unable to reach anyone to assist me.... Can you advise if you came right? 

Thank you Chrishenda

Best Answer

Sorry to hear that but you are going to get a generic response on here. The Charge 3 problems are all over the internet but this company refuses to ackkowledge the dreaded word 'DEFECT'. I doubt you will see my reply now that they are censoring me. Some people have had replacements but the majority appear to be left with a useless watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I got a new one sent to me via customer services...they couldn’t have been more helpful, I’m based in the UK, don’t know if that makes a difference tho, good luck!

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello, sorry I got a replacement via customer services, they couldn’t have been more helpful, I’m in the UK, but wouldn’t think that would make a difference & was a while ago now...good luck!
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, that fix worked! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the past 2 weeks I have been having issues of black screen and nothing working on my Charge 3 purchased online 5 May 2019.  Searching the forum for answers, I have done the 8 second and 15 second resets and changed the clock face and made sure it is fully charged.  It will work for 24 hours at the most and then I have to go through the whole reset procedure again!  This is getting ridiculous.  What can Fitbit do to help?  Thank you!

Best Answer