Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't update to new firmware version

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is the 2nd time ive had an issues with this model. 

I have followed all the instructions to restart he device and set up again on my phone and laptop app but still no luck. I preformed a longer reset with it today and although it finds the device it still wont connect up.

So frustrated that this has happened again this is my 2nd replacement in under a year. now it just keeps displaying a circle with an X in. Help !?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

I have the same problem

fitbit charge 3 won’t update firmware

have tried on iPhone X iPhone 6S and on Windows 

is there a fundamental problem with fitbits? So many similar posts

need some help please

Best Answer
0 Votes

After much frustration I did get the firmware to update. My Fitbit was in warranty and the screen started getting lines across it so I went back to where I purchased. They exchanged for a new one, which also wouldn't update the new firmware. So frustrated.

So, to get to finally update, I kept a finger tickling the screen for about 25 minutes, didn't let the phone go to sleep. Not sure if this is what did it or it was coincidence? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 won't do the firmware update either. I have tried unpairing it and repairing it with my account, using other devices to update it, turning bluetooth on and off, restarting the fitbit --- literally everything on the forums. NOTHING is working. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S10+, and a Windows 10 computer. Both practically brand new. I've triple checked that all of my devices are updated AND have the newest versions of the FitBit apps. 

What's next?

Best Answer

Seems many of us are having a non-IOS related issue.

Isnt this WHY the forum is here, to get a Guru or Fitbit Tech to address it?

Nothing....to date, apart from responses to a couple of newbie's months ago?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. iOS (iPhone and iPad) and macOS 10.15, both can see Charge 3, sync, but show firmware version 1.63.5. Newest version 1.84.5 is not available. 

Best Answer

After a zillion tries I finally got mine to update.  I had to do the following:

1) LONG reboot the charge 3 - plug it in and hold down the button for a full 15 seconds. When it stops buzzing, unplug it (that'll turn it off) and then replug it in - it'll quickly reboot.

2) uninstall fitbit app and then reinstall 

3) reboot phone

Then try again.  Took about 40 minutes to fully install the new firmware but I think it's finally done at long last!  

(Sorry to be late to this conversation - I'm hoping it helps others who are still trying to update theirs!).

Best Answer
0 Votes
I also managed to get this to update. All that was required was to keep the
page open, or not let your phone go to sleep. Just keep a finger on the
page to keep open and yeah, took about 30 mins. Annoying to say the least!
Best Answer
0 Votes