Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 Won't Stay Charged

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have charge my device to 100% and after only 30 mins it's drained down to 3% 

It just started doing this 2 days ago.

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28
Sent from my GalaxyThat is usually my l luck too,  warranty has expired. In this case I had a little over a month to go. You can buy bands on Amazon for a fraction of the cost that fitbit charges. 
Best Answer
0 Votes
Your right you can but if those bands fail and you loose your watch or if it falls off and get's smashed as did one of my previous models they wont warranty it.   
The Fitbit factory stuff is more expensive but you do get what you pay for.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've never had a problem with them falling off.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also started having this issue yesterday.  Like a couple others, I suspect this is related to a recent firmware update.  My Fitbit is only a few months old and before this week, I only needed to charge it every 8-10 days (and it usually had ~25% battery life left when I started the charge).  Now I've had to charge it twice since yesterday afternoon.  It was completely dead yesterday and today I started charging when it got to 15%. 

When I went to bed last night, it had ~98% charge.  When I got up this morning it was at 57%.  I monitored it for a couple hours and it only drained by a couple percent during that time.  Then it was suddenly at 30% when I checked ~30 minutes later.  I monitored for awhile again and it only changed by a small amount, then suddenly went down to 15%.  I have no idea what triggers the big drop.

From reading the Charge 5 forums, it looks like a lot of people are having the same issue with that device and Fitbit is aware of the issue.  The question is will they acknowledge that this is an issue with the Charge 4 and fix it??  I don't really want to waste my time dealing with customer support.  Even if they offer to replace my device, I'm pretty sure that the new one will have the same issue, assuming it has the same firmware.

Is there a way to tell when the the device was upgraded?   That would help to prove the theory that it's an update that messed things up.

Best Answer
I agree w/ the possibility a "Firmware" upgrade has caused this issue w/ the number of people bringing up the fact that this has just recently happened.  I still have old Charge 2 & 3's that work fine when charged.
Please keep us all informed when they admit this is a software, not a hardware issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues. It just drains within less then 8 hours even reset it, put it on sleep mode, no heart rate etc but it still drains..

Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact customer service. Mine was less than a year old. I am greetings a replacement today. Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes

Add me to the group as well. Mine started not holding a charge last week too -- just a couple of weeks outside of warranty (hmmmm). Tried resetting, cleaning the contacts, different charging ports, etc. Nothing worked. I've got a case number and they're supposed to be tracking it through my syncs.... Not very hopeful.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Guess that i Yes that I was lucky My warranty still had 1 month left on it So they Send me a replacement
Best Answer
0 Votes