Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 agenda app isn't working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

HI, I just purchased a Fitbit Charge 4, when i click on the agenda app the following message comes up: 'Sync calendars to your tracker in the Fitbit mobile app'.

Fitbit app has permission to use the calendar (google calendar), notifications are turned on for the google calendar within the Fitbit app, I have tried to restart both devices I have also tried clearing cache and force stopping.

Can anyone offer some guidance on this matter?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

Welcome to the Community, @reason17.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this agenda issue. Please take a look at the help article: How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit device? and follow the instructions provided there.

Let me know the outcome. 🙂

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Completely, and knowingly, worthless advice.  After giving permissions, clicking on the gear to choose which calendars to link, the only option down is whether or not to show 15 minute blocks of free time.  No calendars to link to are shown.

Best Answer

I might have found the answer. At least, this worked for me. I have an Android (Samsung) phone with a Charge 4.

In the app on my phone I did the following:

1. Clicked on the picture icon in the top/left corner of the "Today" page. This is the place where you could have a profile picture showing.
  2. Clicked on the "Charge 4" option in the "Devices" list.
  3. Clicked on the "Apps" option (the icon with four dots)
  4. Clicked on the "Agenda" icon - not the gear for the icon, but the icon itself.
  5. Clicked on "Permissions"
  6. Clicked on "Calendar" to make sure all three options were enabled.

I hope this works for you as well. 🙂

Best Answer

Thank you, Intrepidshe, everything you say makes sense, and follows the
instructions in the manual. And I did it some time ago, but always when I
opened agenda there was nothing there but instructions to turn the
permissions on, which were already on.
But after reading your post, I went back and turned each of the permissions
off, and then back on.
And again, nothing on the agenda screen but instructions to make sure the
permissions were on - for just a second! Then the screen changed, and the
agenda app was working!, telling me correctly I had nothing on my agenda
for the remainder of the day, offering to check tomorrow, & voila, 3 items.
So thank you. Not sure if turning permissions off and then on (they had
been on for a couple of weeks) did the magic, but something worked!

Maybe the key was clicking on the agenda icon, not the gear.  Tho when I did that, all three permissions were on.

BTW, I have a first gen Pixel XL.
Best, Jim

Best Answer

I'm glad to hear it finally worked. What a difficult experience. Good for you for having such persistence! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Following your steps, my permissions were already set, but turning them off and on made the Charge 4 recognize it.   Thanks!

Best Answer
Glad to hear it! Means I'm not crazy. Well, a step in the right direction.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, that's great news! Seems like we've stumbled on a bug they need to fix. 

It's great to know we've discovered the workaround. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks 😊 this worked! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for me too!!!    😁

Best Answer

Worked for me too. Thank you!

Best Answer

Hey @GlenSiegel and @Kc987, thanks for your participation in the Forums.

I am glad to see here that the tips provided worked and that your trackers are now working properly. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Keep the stepping up!

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Using iPhone 6 w/ the charge 4, my 1st wearable anything. I was having the same problem as OP, agenda app not working,  and clicking the app(not the gear) was the ticket to fixing it. Thanks buddy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There doesn't appear to be any gear icon in the app. All instructions that mention using the gear icon to either sign in or whatever depending on the app - on my phone, a Pixel 5, no gear icon exists. 

Turning permissions off and on don't work for me. 

UPDATE: after spending about an hour looking all of this up it appears that I don't have the latest firmware update. From what I'm finding in other posts you just have to wait until the firmware is available. 

Once I get the firmware and update it I will post back with my results. I'm assuming this will resolve all of the issues. 

UPDATE 2: I finally received the firmware update and as soon as that was installed, those gear icons did show up! So if anybody else is coming to this thread and has recently purchased a Charge 4, check the firmware version because that's probably the issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

find all the help instructions very fustrating, thank goodness for this forum, turning the permissions off and on has worked!

thank you !!!!!

Best Answer

In the Fitbit app,
.Try clicking your picture (top left)

.Scroll down to help and support

.click check for charge 4 update

hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks - I tried that and it says it's up to date however I still have the older firmware version. 

My husband and I got these at the same time yesterday and he received his update this morning but I have not yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you Swimjay and intrepidshe! I was going bonkers with the instructions and Google search. Never saw a gearbox, and most of the instructions were an exercise in futilty😒. The reset of the permissions from on to off, then back on was the final trick that worked for me.

thanks again!

Best Answer

Thank you, this worked for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes