Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 band holder broke off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was taking my Fitbit Charge 4 off one day and the Band Holder broke off. I don't know if it is even possible to fix. I only have two pieces and after watching YouTube my spring is gone. One of the screw holes has a screw in it. How am I to fix this. My Fitbit was purchased in April 2020 and the website says there is no warranty when I tried to file a claim. Now I am back to my Fitbit Charge 2 which seems to be build better than the 4.

Can anyone help me?  

Moderator edit: format.

Best Answer
193 REPLIES 193

The band holder snapped off of my Charge 4 today as well. Purchased in April 2021. I'm trying to reach out to customer support. I purchased a Charge 2 in January 2017 and that one still works with zero flaws. When I got the Charge 4 I gave my Charge 2 to my partner and he has been using it everyday since. It's obvious the Charge 4 is built with weak plastic bits that the screws thread into. Fatal flaw of the device. It's very disappointing.

I'm currently waiting for an email response from FitBit on what my options are.

Unsurprisingly, much as others here have experienced, Fitbit is telling me they will not offer any resolution. 

The Charge 4 clearly has a fatal flaw in its build. Looks like this will be my last Fitbit. It's a shame as someone who has owned other Fitbit models and has been a Fitbit Premium member for years. 

Fitbits official response:

Thanks for providing additional information. Unfortunately, your product doesn’t meet the replacement requirements of our warranty policy. For details about our warranty policy, see fitbit.com/returns.

You can learn more about the latest options in the Fitbit family of products at fitbit.com/compare and fitbit.com/store.

If you have any other questions, please visit help.fitbit.com.

Sincerely,

Juan and the Fitbit Team

Best Answer

Sorry you had to find out the same way that so many of us did that it’s a cheap model,  and that Fitbit really doesn’t care…I replaced it with another brand Garmen and am very pleased I did. 

Suari  you’re one lucky Fitbit user,  you are the only one that I heard of being offered any thing other than 35% off a tracker in the Fitbit store on regular priced items only….hmmmm …wonder if they are finally listening to unsatisfied customers.   

Ribbon rail,  I gave up too,  but it continues to amaze me that people are still having problems and Fitbit not replacing the defective product.   I wonder how many were sold worldwide….

Best Answer
0 Votes

I reached out to fitbit and all I got was a small discount to buy a new fitbit, which is not a viable option for me. Ive been searching for bands and found this...haven't purchased it yet...not sure if its bulky or not - Replacement band

Best Answer

This looks like a common problem with CHARGE 4.  Mine did the exact same thing...  I brought a new one... It was just as the Charge 5 was coming out, so got it a bit cheaper. But Now I fear this one will go the same way! 

This looks like a common problem with CHARGE 4. Mine did the exact same thing... I brought a new one... It was just as the Charge 5 was coming out, so got it a bit cheaper. But Now I fear this one will go the same way!

Best Answer

I have a charge 4 and whilst putting it on my wrist it fell off. After looking more closely, I noticed that the strap would no long stay in place as the latch was broken. 

Can anyone help me with this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

and it probably will in time…..check out  c668 , baserunners suggestion on a band from Amazon,   Looks like a good option ,  only drawback is you have to remove the pod to charge it….at least you would still be able to use it….if I still had mine I would try it as it’s only $8

Check out c668, base runners post….looks like a good option.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Move on from FitBit. I now have an Apple Watch. They lost me as a customer.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Soo how unluckey you must be.....

Warranty expired on 02.08.2023 and today 05.08.2023 the strap broke off....

Best Answer

I find it incredible that over 30k people have responded to this post with MOST having the same problem.  Fitbit has really failed it's clients as many have moved to another tracker brand.  Fitbit had an opportunity to stay in front of the market given it was one of the earlier fitness trackers on the market. 

After Google bought Fitbit, the warranty service went downhill.  Earlier problems on trackers at least they replaced the tracker. This created much good will and future purchases.  Seems Google were more interested in saving a few dollars possibly, instead of maintaining Fitbit's reputation. 

Best Answer

my suggestion is try to contact customer support, i am from EU, it was a quick discussion and i got a satisfying offer.

Best Answer

I have taken very good care of my Charge 4, which I guess is why it took until now for it to fall off my arm in pieces. All parts of the band holder just sheared away, leaving little marks where the plastic bits had been, but nothing for the band to attach to.

This is my third Fitbit, and this one has lasted the shortest period of time. It's disappointing that the quality has dropped off like this. Guess it's time to start shopping for a Garmin...

Best Answer
It was also my third FitBit for myself and my wife had two as well. Long time customer I was. My previous two took a lot of abuse and survived much longer than this substandard junk they passed off to consumers. I would have stayed a loyal user but because how they handled this problem instead of just giving a full refund, I moved on.
From what I can gather, many others have as well.

Former customer

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I also moved on….not given much of a choice…I’m happy😊

Best Answer

This has happened now to my father-in-law's FB Charge 4, to my son's FB Charge 4, and now to mine.  It's clearly a design flaw so it should be replaced under the consumer rights act.  I've contacted FitBit but they couldn't be less interested.

Best Answer